Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Huddersfield v Brighton

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: John Smith's Stadium
Date: Saturday 1st December
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Michael McDonough
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss

TEAM NEWS

Huddersfield defender Terence Kongolo is a fitness doubt because of a leg problem sustained against Wolves last weekend.

Forward Laurent Depoitre has a groin problem and will also be assessed, while Chris Lowe is definitely out with a shoulder injury.

Brighton's record signing Alireza Jahanbakhsh remains sidelined by a hamstring complaint.

Suspended midfielder Dale Stephens is another absentee for the Seagulls.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: Huddersfield have leapt from the bottom of the table to 15th on the back of an unbeaten three-game run which has brought seven invaluable points.

However, they are still just two points above the relegation zone and must know that survival - if it comes - will be by the skin of their teeth based on points taken in games like this.

How David Wagner must wish he had a finisher like Glenn Murray. Whilst no Huddersfield striker has scored so far this season (think about that for a moment!), Murray is the joint top-scoring Englishman in the league - notching 50% of his club's goals so far this campaign.

No wonder he was offered - and signed - a new contract recently.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Huddersfield Town head coach David Wagner: "Back-to-back wins in the Premier League are so difficult to achieve for clubs like us.

"We know this is something very big - we have done this only twice in the last season and now we have the opportunity to do it again, at home, against a very good opponent."

Chris Hughton on the form of Glenn Murray: "It is unusual for somebody of Glenn's age to be as regularly fit as he is, and of course scoring goals at the highest levels.

"He has a great desire to want to continue playing and at the best level he can, and also scoring goals. But it's one thing saying that and another actually doing it. So we're very thankful that he is actually doing it."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Huddersfield have lost just one of their past 10 home league games against Brighton, winning five and drawing four.
    [*=left]Six of the last 10 league meetings have been drawn.
Huddersfield

• [*=left]Huddersfield have taken seven points from the last nine available, compared to just three points from the previous 30 this season.
    [*=left]The Terriers are looking to score in three consecutive home league games for the first time this calendar year.
    [*=left]They and Crystal Palace are the Premier League's joint-lowest scorers at home this season, with two goals.
    [*=left]Steve Mounie has scored all three of Huddersfield's Premier League goals against Brighton.
    [*=left]However, Mounie has had more goal attempts (24) than any other Premier League player without scoring this season.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton are without a win in three league matches (D1, L2).
    [*=left]Only two teams have earned fewer Premier League away points than Brighton's tally of four this season.
    [*=left]They have won only one of their last 20 Premier League away matches, drawing five and losing 14.
    [*=left]However, Albion could score in four consecutive away league games for the first time since May 2016.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray is the seven-goal joint-leading English Premier League goalscorer this season, with Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Groovy gang on the 08:40 from Euston

So excited

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hoping for a win but not really our type of game. Can see them pressing us and us giving the ball away all match. Hope I'm wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sigh.....have ticket but granddaughter has decided she's going to be late ..so I'm on call to look after grandson ...worse still I might as well work and get wet to pay for the ticket I'm not using ...double sigh

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
It’s feels like an away win is due to me.

I’m predicting 1-2 UTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It will be our traditional trouncing today, Hughton will play the same formation that sees them swamp us in midfield and to put the nail in the coffin Pritchard will score

As impossible as it is to predict results, our formation(s) and results away from the Amex have been challenging in the PL. Now we face a known foe who have our number at their place. Many of us will have a good idea of the result when our side is announced. It’d be a staggering result to turn Hudds over if Chris stays with his usual formation and tactics

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It’d be a staggering result to turn Hudds over if Chris stays with his usual formation and tactics

CH will know even better than all of us put together what to expect and as it's his profession he will know how to counter their smothering game. Man for man we are undoubtedly better. Put all that together and there's only one result!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
CH will know even better than all of us put together what to expect and as it's his profession he will know how to counter their smothering game. Man for man we are undoubtedly better. Put all that together and there's only one result!

Well in his time here he hasn't been very successful at all at countering teams that smother us... I hope you're right today though...!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
And another tip. I've eaten em. You won't want to. even for a quid.

"Who ate all the pies"
Cant remember from last season. Don't think they're Pukka though.
Other down side is it's a sparkling new stadium with no concourse. Fans eating and drinking are outside!
Love the Amex.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think today is a huge test of CH's ability.

If we turn up there as the previous years with 4-4-1-1 (as usual) and get easily turned over, big questions should be asked.

Diablo

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Massive Game with Hudds five points behind us. hoping for eight behind later today !

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
HUD’s have scored 2 goals at home all season, yes that’s TWO - relax everyone and enjoy the win!!

Yes but have they played against a team that will basically turn up and defend for 93 minutes, hoping for a corner or free kick for Glenn to glance in....

Plan B........
Take off Glenn, and a winger Bring on Locadia and put on another defensive midfielder therefore cutting off any supply to Locadia.......#.Pointlessexercise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here