Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber sports conference in Dubai

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Very interesting 30 min interview

Highlights
E sports tournament in Jan at Amex.
Recruiting a (world class I presume) gamer to represent the club, I guess in FIFA etc..
Formula 1 and American sports are the sport experience models to learn from.
We have highest revenue earnt per away supporter in the the prem!

Apologise if already posted
https://youtu.be/z2U3f-VlKNc

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We have highest revenue earnt per away supporter in the the prem
Of course we have. When away fans arrive at a ground first question is always 'where's the away pub'.
With no other option but to pay the £4.50 a pint in the ground, we are bound to take more money.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely away fans drink in the town/city for a drink before heading for the stadium, or have me and my mates been doing it wrong for 40+ years?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of course we have. When away fans arrive at a ground first question is always 'where's the away pub'.
With no other option but to pay the £4.50 a pint in the ground, we are bound to take more money.

Well, not totally. A lot of fans drink near Brighton Station before heading to the ground.

But anyway, it's been like that since day one. It helps we have reasonable beer.

Leicester fans were very impressed, nay astonished, to see their pints being pulled from a pump in a football ground.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Fans like that are stupid though, bit like the ones who turn up at the railway station the day of an away match to get a return to where ever the match is. It's only those coming by coach that have no choice, anybody else can easily research online

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here