Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert interview in Guardian

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A very well written article and one that paints both Knocky and the club in a very good light. Brought a tear to the eye.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Well written and thoughtful I would imagine the club and AK will have a plan in place for the day when his life as a professional footballer comes to an end as right now the club is his support blanket

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knocky is one of my favourite ever Albion players, warts and all. Both he and the club deserve massive credit for how he has turned this personal tragedy around. Nothing in that article that I wasn’t aware of and good to see it in the national press now.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I know of several footballers who have suffered with depression and not always through circumstances. It takes a lot of courage to ask for help, as many people still have the attitude of what have they got to be depressed about, as if money, or playing football cures it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Knocky is one of my favourite ever Albion players, warts and all. Both he and the club deserve massive credit for how he has turned this personal tragedy around. Nothing in that article that I wasn’t aware of and good to see it in the national press now.

Same. Love his passion on the pitch. Gets a bit carried away sometimes but only because he's desperate to win and play well

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What everyone else said – great article, top footballer and seems like a nice bloke...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gotta feel for him and what he has gone through.

But there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people out there that have no one to talk to, and worse still, no access to talking therapy because of immense cutbacks in the mental health services. So in that respect, with the support of the club and his team mates he is one of the more fortunate people with this dreadful illness.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I still don't get why Watford fans boo him so furiously. I know they believe he dived for the penalty but the fact that he missed it and they went up the other end and scored surely that's nothing to get so angry about. It was good to see the most of Leicester fans clapping him when he went off last week.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If nothing else, it's a good reminder that players are people, just like the rest of us.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
A great read,so glad I read it as it just reminded me what great club,manager and players we are lucky enough to support.Certainly puts things into perspective.Mind you I will still moan and sulk when we play badly or lose!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I still don't get why Watford fans boo him so furiously. I know they believe he dived for the penalty but the fact that he missed it and they went up the other end and scored surely that's nothing to get so angry about. It was good to see the most of Leicester fans clapping him when he went off last week.

Watford fans regard him as a cheat, much like some of our fans regard Zaha / Mike Dean in the same light. I guess football fans never forgive and forget perceived wrongs!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

But there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people out there that have no one to talk to, and worse still, no access to talking therapy because of immense cutbacks in the mental health services. So in that respect, with the support of the club and his team mates he is one of the more fortunate people with this dreadful illness.

Keep thinking I'd love it if he broke out his inner Gallic revolutionary and started calling out this wretched government for their cuts to and total negligence towards mental health services.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
apologies - I did look to see if there was a thread and couldn't see one. Thanks to the mod for merging.

A brilliant read. I'm hoping he'll smash in the winner today.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Which is why its good that he talks about it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here