Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] #TeamsLike... Wolves edition

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Small mercies, I am so glad that we didn’t lose like that yesterday however thrilling it may have been for 90 mins

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Saturday 20th April 2019

FA Cup - 3rd/4th place playoff

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What a game, what a cameo from Deulofeu.

Did Deeney just say it cracking atmosphere compared to yesterday?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would love us to sign Troy Deeney. Powerful and an absolute nightmare for defenders. :thumbsup:

Hmm. He really hates us I think, maybe I just made that up but I seem to recall some disparaging comments in the past

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Troy Deeney "it was a cracking atmosphere compared to yesterday"

Yeah. The negative references to yesterday throughout the game today became a bit annoying. The atmosphere: only city fans weren't singing, albion atmosphere was superb. The attendance compared to today: city didn't sell out. Quality on the pitch: ok yeah we played our part in that, but we were playing one of the best teams in the world who have smashed most teams of our level off the park over the last few seasons

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Watford have done it! Get in there! :clap::clap::clap:

Ha ha ha Wolves! Money can't buy you love - or a European place.

It could still lead to Wolves getting a Europa league spot if they finish 7th and it would be the worse of the 3 available to English clubs.

If City win the FA Cup then the Europa League spot for winning the FA Cup will go to the team in 6th place, and the League Cup winners spot would then go to the team in 7th. This would mean a season starting in late July with entry into the later stages of the qualifying rounds. Of course should Watford win then the 6th place team (one of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd or Chelsea) would get the early start to the season. I'm not sure which would be funnier but I am sure the early start would be more disruptive to Wolves season than the others.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Man City will be happy, the final will be all about them now with a short mention of how good its is for a small club like Watford. Had Wolves won the media would be creaming themselves over the wonderful wolves who have returned from obscurity to the big stage through graft and hard work and a wonderful manager.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It could still lead to Wolves getting a Europa league spot if they finish 7th and it would be the worse of the 3 available to English clubs.

If City win the FA Cup then the Europa League spot for winning the FA Cup will go to the team in 6th place, and the League Cup winners spot would then go to the team in 7th. This would mean a season starting in late July with entry into the later stages of the qualifying rounds. Of course should Watford win then the 6th place team (one of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd or Chelsea) would get the early start to the season. I'm not sure which would be funnier but I am sure the early start would be more disruptive to Wolves season than the others.

Just look at Burnley to see how Wolves would cope with starting in July

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just look at Burnley to see how Wolves would cope with starting in July

Exactly my point. Getting the League Cup Europa League spot is a kiss of death (or at least the start of a season of struggle) for most clubs.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

This will deflate Wolves for the remainder of the season.

Leicester will get 7th place I think.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Troy Deeney "it was a cracking atmosphere compared to yesterday"

A bit of an unfair comment, to be fair. We were up against one of the poorest fan bases in Europe, we could only do our part, but impossible to compete with Wolves v Watford when only half the fans turn up.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Now the media can salivate and **** themselves off over Pep and his £2bn squad gubbing Watford 5-0. Glad that the super-agent inspired Wolves got ****ing beaten too.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hmm. He really hates us I think, maybe I just made that up but I seem to recall some disparaging comments in the past

Andre Gray when he was at Luton with his homophobic comments on social media? Of course, he never mentioned our city or club I have to add but I hope he's grown up now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here