Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion predicted to get four points from next SEVEN matches

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Be lucky to get 4

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chelsea Arsenal Everton as well as Muff away - can’t see us getting that many and 4 wouldn’t be a complete disaster. Would be on track for 40. I also notice our home games look kinder second half of season which is where we tend to do well...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Chelsea Arsenal Everton as well as Muff away - can’t see us getting that many and 4 wouldn’t be a complete disaster. Would be on track for 40. I also notice our home games look kinder second half of season which is where we tend to do well...

This is key. I'd be happy with six from the next seven. You're right about those four fixtures, but I could see us getting somewhere between one point and three from them. I'd be delighted to get five from the next three, especially as that would be taking points off those below us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Brighton traditionally plays better after Christmas than before.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Oh come on people need to be a lot more optimistic than this. If we don't think we can compete then why the heck are we here in the PL. Every game is a potential win only bad luck and/or a better team on the day prevent a win. Chin up....or in my case chins up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
044600313269.jpg

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Is it just me or are there a lot of fans now that wet the bed based on raw results since we came up? They don't look at who we have played or who the teams around us have played. It is almost expected for bottom half teams to go a handful of games with very few points simply due to the fixture list. But these "fans" get all worried.

All this talk about bed wetting is b0110cks, the concerns I have, as do many others, is to do with our performances. We recently won 3 games on the trot and if people are being honest and remove the blue & white tinted glasses they will recognise that our performances in each of those games was poor and we were fortunate to get the 3 points. Our performances since have on the whole been no better, acknowledging we were down to 10 men against Cardiff, due to our inability to keep possession and inviting pressure on ourselves. This is what fills many fans with genuine concern, it doesn’t make them bed wetters. If we don’t improve our level of performance over 95 mins then we are going to be sucked bang into trouble - and this is coming from a fan whose glass is normally always half full !

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Is it just me or are there a lot of fans now that wet the bed based on raw results since we came up? They don't look at who we have played or who the teams around us have played. It is almost expected for bottom half teams to go a handful of games with very few points simply due to the fixture list. But these "fans" get all worried.

I think so, yes. The Cardiff game was a case in point. When I came on this site after the game I rather naively supposed the posts would be dominated by whether the Stephens red card was justified, how well our defence had done against ten men for most of the game, and cursing the rest for not disallowing their late winner. You know, basically discussing a football match like a football match, like we used to do. But instead it was all - we're shit, Hughton's tactics are shit, we're in danger of going down, we should be beating Cardiff if we want to stay up. It all seemed completely couched in how the failure to beat a team below us would impact upon our final position.

Take also Fulham at home, where a topsy-turvy game saw us come back from a 2-goal deficit, something we hardly ever do, generally considered to be an exciting thing, and in which the result was considered on here almost primarily in how the failure to beat a newly-promoted team would impact on our final position.

and Leicester, where a very tense game on a knife-edge throughout that ended in a deserved draw was totally seen through the prism of not beating a team with 10-men and the impact that would have on our final position, accompanied by a lot of 'we're shit, Hughton's tactics are shit, we're in danger of going down - and the much louder now - its boring football' .

Then there is the opposite, where we beat teams around us in the league - such as Wolves - and the fact we won excuses some fairly dour tactics.

Games at this level are like chess, they can be very intricate and I rather wish there was a bit more discussion of the games themselves rather than just 'CH needs to be more attacking if we're going to stay up' or ''a well-needed three points'

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The plain facts are teams have worked us out very quickly as will be evident today, when Wagner will send his team out to attack and cut off our supply to Murray, game over as we sit back and try and soak up the pressure, because we rely on a select few players to keep us in games, Dunk, Duffy, Ryan, and one to win a game Murray.....

#nolongerundertheradarbutweareagreatbigfatblipontheradar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here