Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When you watch the Albion

When you watch the Albion

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is your primary concern the result or do you expect some entertainment thrown in too?

Bearing in mind that we really need to stay in this division if TB is not going to be digging into his pockets week in week out in a lower league to keep us afloat, just how long are you willing to accept survival at the expense of being entertained? You could of course be perfectly happy with the entertainment on offer as we are seeing some of the best players in the world most weeks.

It’s a tough one imo as we are only a third of the way through the season and we do seem to be on course to probably stay up.

Basic poll to follow.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I’m going tomorrow

I want us to play with a chance to win it not like all the other away games I go to, where we just turn up, look at the team sheet, and know what is going to happen.

Home is different as we play more attacking football with a bit more intent.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Win at any costs for me, that said, the way we seem to be adopting a more negative stance at home, compared to last season is a slightly worrying trend, so I get where you're coming from Icy

D

Deleted member 2719

Entertainment with the chance of creating and scoring goals.

For example, Vicente sold me a season ticket without even thinking of cost.

I want the Albion to make my gasp not stop my breathing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I enjoy watching the Albion, no matter what style of football we're playing. I'd rather see us scrape a lucky 1-0 win because it leaves me in a good mood AFTER the match has finished.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stay in the division by whatever means this season. Probably also next season. After that, probably with a new manager, we can think about splashing out on the likes of Benteke and grabbing that European place.

:hilton::rock:

:facepalm:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Who the hell goes to the football to be entertained?!

It’s all about the pain. Pain and suffering.

Oh yes, and the hope.. endless, endless hope.

So there you have it, pain suffering and hope is why I go to watch The Albion.

And the hot brown drinks.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I've been following the Albion for 50 years so not sure what your point is. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly but I've still followed them. God I would love to see us win every match 4-3 but that just ain't going to happen. Would I prefer we were relegated to the Champ so maybe we could bully some teams, yes and no. NSC please stop this criticism of CH, Bong, Andone and whoever this weekends scapegoat is and try to enjoy this season. If we are honest with ourselves we are about at our level (maybe too optimistic) or more likely slightly above our level.

D

Deleted member 2719

Would take dull 1-0 wins all season long.

But what matches do you look back at and think that was an entertaining match, your 1-0 undeserved wins or you Boxing day 4-4 draw at the Priestfield.

The only 1-0 nil that gave me any joy off the top of my head was beating Bristol City at Cardiff, why because that match had silverware attached to it.

When we are challenging for silverware my boredom threshold will change a bit!

D

Deleted member 2719

I've been following the Albion for 50 years so not sure what your point is. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly but I've still followed them. God I would love to see us win every match 4-3 but that just ain't going to happen. Would I prefer we were relegated to the Champ so maybe we could bully some teams, yes and no. NSC please stop this criticism of CH, Bong, Andone and whoever this weekends scapegoat is and try to enjoy this season. If we are honest with ourselves we are about at our level (maybe too optimistic) or more likely slightly above our level.

ahhh the Level word that Chris uses so much, has his hypnotic voice, transformed you in to an android???

Come on let me entertain you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

My point is that having followed us for a few years short of your 50 years but more than enough time to have been through the last promotion to the top flight and the ensuing plunge and rise I am disappointed that I am actually enjoying the football less than I ever have recently. That does piss me off tbh and although I totally get why we are not able to compete with the top teams, we are now treating the teams down the bottom with the same respect.

I have been going regularly every season for over 40 years now so I am not some Glory Hunting jump on the bandwagon when we’re doing well fan.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2 pages and still no Russel Crowe , my ethos is if we win all our remaining matches 1-0 we will win the fa cup finish 3rd in the league and qualify for the champions league next season .

Adam_Levine_yay.gif

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Win.

Playing entertaining football and scoring two wonder goals is all well and good as long as the other team score less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here