Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams below us - Next 3 games

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
as title:

Teams currently below us in the table in Capitals.

CARDIFF v

Wolves (H)
WEST HAM (A)
SOUTHAMPTON (H)

C.PALACE v

BURNLEY (H)
Brighton (A)
WEST HAM (A)

BURNLEY v

C.PALACE (A)
Brighton (H)
Liverpool (H)

NEWCASTLE v

WEST HAM (H)
Everton (A)
Wolves (H)

FULHAM v

Chelsea (A)
Leicester (H)
Man Utd (A)

SOUTHAMPTON v

Man Utd (H)
Tottenham (A)
CARDIFF (A)

HUDDERSFIELD v

Brighton (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Arsenal (A)

WEST HAM v

NEWCASTLE (A)
CARDIFF (H)
C.PALACE (H)

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are teams below us!?

When did this happen, reading these boards last 2 weeks or so, there surely cannot be anyone below us in the table!? :moo:

There won't be in 3 games time.

A1X

Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We need to take 7-9 points from these games. However I fear we'll struggle to take 4.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That emphasises so much that little old Hudd are going to go all out for another regulation 3 points from Brighton.

Come on Hughton, time to do something different against Hudd, rather than lying on our proverbial back having our tummy tickled.

Soooooo predictable. They will pack the midfield with 5 athletes to harry us to death, as will their two dirty CB’s.

Shirley, Hughton can react to that with so much warning?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
There won't be in 3 games time.

That is just about mathematically impossible! :hilton:

utf81xd.jpg

Attachments

• 350.png
    350.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 257

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That emphasises so much that little old Hudd are going to go all out for another regulation 3 points from Brighton.

Come on Hughton, time to do something different against Hudd, rather than lying on our proverbial back having our tummy tickled.

Soooooo predictable. They will pack the midfield with 5 athletes to harry us to death, as will their two dirty CB’s.

Shirley, Hughton can react to that with so much warning?

At least we will have 11 players on the pitch this year not 10 plus somebody out to keep his old club happy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More say nothing waffle from CH in today’s Argus:

“ because I don’t think you can go away from home anywhere and sit back for big periods and not be vulnerable at some stage.”

Really? I mean really? WTF have we done in just about every away game and have started to do at home this season?

That comment has irritated me as I fully expect us to do just that tomorrow., why wouldn’t we :shrug:

Maybe there is a change in tactics coming up...whoops what colour was that pig that just flew past my window?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More say nothing waffle from CH in today’s Argus:

“ because I don’t think you can go away from home anywhere and sit back for big periods and not be vulnerable at some stage.”

Really? I mean really? WTF have we done in just about every away game and have started to do at home this season?

That comment has irritated me as I fully expect us to do just that tomorrow., why wouldn’t we :shrug:

Maybe there is a change in tactics coming up...whoops what colour was that pig that just flew past my window?

If you believe that our play is entirely led by tactics and the manager, and not the performances of the players, then I guess it would irritate you.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you believe that our play is entirely led by tactics and the manager, and not the performances of the players, then I guess it would irritate you.

Hard to believe the players are that negative away from home pretty well EVERY game by their own devices or shortcomings. If they are maybe the wrong players are being picked, no way is the manager blameless for the way we play..well imo anyway.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Hard to believe the players are that negative away from home pretty well EVERY game by their own devices or shortcomings. If they are maybe the wrong players are being picked, no way is the manager blameless for the way we play..well imo anyway.

Blimey it's started already and it's 22 hours till ko. NSC is just so depressing at the moment.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey it's started already and it's 22 hours till ko. NSC is just so depressing at the moment.

Much like the football then.

I just find CH’s comments today pretty bizarre given how we have set up away from home for one and a half seasons

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Icy, I don't think they intend to be negative, they're up against top quality opposition. When the game is faster, high pressing, higher intensity the quality shines through. It is no coincidence that the teams at the top not only have the best players, they also run the furthest, have the most sprints etc.

What I am saying to you is, the players fall back to our core strength which is our defence. We are 15 points to the good and well above the relegation scrap at this point because of that. I think it should be celebrated a bit more than it is. As an ex-defender myself, I do get a lot of pleasure out of our defending, it is phenomenal at times.

I'm not one to suggest Hughton isn't without his faults, but this constant digging away that its all down to him and his tactics is frankly missing the issue of looking out at what the players are doing and realising that they need to raise it a notch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here