Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Wilder vs Fury

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Will be an interesting one. I've seen Tyson in the gym in the build up to this and he looks fantastic. He will out box Wilder easily. Question marks over, having lost 10 stone, will he stick with the pace of the fight over 12 rounds. He'll need to, as Wilder will swing unlike WK.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Fury will be too smart for Wilder, Fury's superior understanding of the distance and his jab will stop Wilder in the 8th or 9th.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This looks like a tasty fight, I have been watching the build up programmes on BT Sport and Tyson seems as though he has grown up, there is still that ego there, but I actually find him likeable now.
Obviously at the weigh ins there is all the name calling, pushing and shenanigans that go with it, But Tyson gives Wilder credit, and said if he loses it won't be through lack of effort, speaking about how empty and low he felt after beating Klitschko made complete sense. He may have some radical religious ideas, that in fairness are held within a large portion of the Catholic population and continue to be challenged, but that does not make him a bad man.

I think a good boxer has to have a beast inside of him, and Tyson has just that which is appealing to me.

Wilder is also unpredictable and the bookies favourite, I hope Tyson does win, because that will ultimately mean the fight we all want to see against AJ and again I would like to see Tyson regain his Crown...

Team Gypsy King...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
10 stone... its just madness

That has too take a toll on you physically.

I want Fury to win this badly but there is a reason Wilder took it as he knows this is by far his best chance of beating him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a big fan of Tyson, but I'd love it if he beats Wilder. Any chance Wilder has of a unification fight with AJ would be out of the window, and it would be entirely his (or his agent's) fault for dodging AJ all this time; Wilder loses, his career is going downwards.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Not a big fan of Tyson, but I'd love it if he beats Wilder. Any chance Wilder has of a unification fight with AJ would be out of the window, and it would be entirely his (or his agent's) fault for dodging AJ all this time; Wilder loses, his career is going downwards.
I think they have both been avoiding each other, purely for financial reasons. This is where it would be much better for the belt federations to enforce that they fight each other and an independent panel decide on the purse distribution.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Seems this fight may have come a bit too early for Fury but I hope not. It took me a long time to admit that I really like the bloke. I'll save all my traveller hate for that #*@t Saunders.

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Planning to go to bed early Saturday night and get up around 3. Any interesting bits I miss in the early fights I will watch on catch up the next day.

So many fascinating things about this one. Most US fight fans expect Wilder to blow Fury away with his speed and power, because he has largely been successful in doing this against slow US based sluggers.
Many UK fight fans expect Fury has a good chance of out boxing Wilder, because he has largely been successful at avoiding being hit by slow East European sluggers.

This is far from the immovable object versus the unstoppable force. Wilder may be relatively quick for a heavyweight, but his balance and footwork can be very sloppy. Fury has improved defensively over the years, it is a long time since he has been wobbled, nut sometimes on the ropes, he has a clumsy way of turning away, as if he is scared to be hit, it seems to work for him, but it isn't a move you would see any other boxer looking to emulate.

There have been plenty of pictures of Fury's shrinking stomach, I suspect that his legs will tell more if the weight loss, has been managed the right way.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Planning to go to bed early Saturday night and get up around 3. Any interesting bits I miss in the early fights I will watch on catch up the next day.

So many fascinating things about this one. Most US fight fans expect Wilder to blow Fury away with his speed and power, because he has largely been successful in doing this against slow US based sluggers.
Many UK fight fans expect Fury has a good chance of out boxing Wilder, because he has largely been successful at avoiding being hit by slow East European sluggers.

This is far from the immovable object versus the unstoppable force. Wilder may be relatively quick for a heavyweight, but his balance and footwork can be very sloppy. Fury has improved defensively over the years, it is a long time since he has been wobbled, nut sometimes on the ropes, he has a clumsy way of turning away, as if he is scared to be hit, it seems to work for him, but it isn't a move you would see any other boxer looking to emulate.

There have been plenty of pictures of Fury's shrinking stomach, I suspect that his legs will tell more if the weight loss, has been managed the right way.

You know your boxing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wilder 4/6, Fury 5/4 so the bookies don't think there's much in it. 11/10 for the fight to go the distance, which is a bit mingy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Much as I want fury to win, I should think wilder will be too much for him.
I wouldnt be surprised if there’s some kind of controversy, like a disqualification for repeated holding . Something that makes for an unsatisfactory ending.
Im sure both camps are hoping this is the first in a series of fights between these two.
Anything other than an emphatic win will see them back in the ring in April.

The undercard is pretty decent. It’s a real shame it’s overnight. Listening to boxing on the radio is underrated btw

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Listening to boxing on the radio is underrated btw

100% agree with that. It's possibly because in the 80's i used to listen to big fights on a small transistor radio in my room having already gone to bed. The atmosphere you get from the radio, combined with your imagination, is magical.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Even Fury's dad says the fight is coming six months earlier than he would have liked. Easy win for Wilder, and buying money at odds of 4/6.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here