Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB London

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As a baseball fan I was considering heading up to one of these games....

But the pricing is outrageous - cheapest tickets are £30 and there is a tiny amount of them.

Going to be interested to see how well these sell as I don’t think the interest is a big as the NFL

Attachments

• BEE31012-BCC0-4750-85F8-01F66FF5FC99.png
    BEE31012-BCC0-4750-85F8-01F66FF5FC99.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 871
  • BEE31012-BCC0-4750-85F8-01F66FF5FC99.png
    BEE31012-BCC0-4750-85F8-01F66FF5FC99.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 846

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be going with my partner - the tickets are to be his Christmas present, although he doesn't know it yet.

I'm not a baseball fan at all, but it'll make him happy so there we go.

The pricing does seem very steep compared to the MLB game we went to in the States last year.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I'd been thinking about going to this, but might have to think again given those prices!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'm not a fan of us sports in general and baseball is by some distance the most tedious of the lot. I get that it's probably better if you've played the game . Also as a fan of test cricket i'm on shaky ground complaining about lack of action in other sports. Still after being forced to sit through 3 hours of an actual game i'd rather watch the proposed tv brexit debates than waste my time on another trip to the ballpark

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I pre-registered for this ... but not at those prices.

Much, much more expensive than they are in the US. I'm not sure that this going to be a sell-out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Saw the Blue Jays when in Toronto playing the 2nd game of their season against the Brewers in a somewhat empty stadium, think the tickets were around $20, found it all rather boring

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Much, much more expensive than they are in the US. I'm not sure that this going to be a sell-out

Depending on the City/Team you can pick tickets up for $10

Whilst unrealistic to think they would be those costs I was thinking there would be a lot of £25/£30 to tickets

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Hope he doesn't read NSC [emoji38]ol:
He has no understanding of, or interest in, football (despite my best efforts) so I'm pretty safe.

He asked me last season whether we'd been relegated from the FA Cup. :nono:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
They seem very high. Is this a one off series or is it going to be a regular thing like the NFL? How do the prices compare to the NFL ones?

I'd imagine it'll sell out as a one off thing but not long term at those prices. You can go and see Asia's greatest baseball team - the Yakult Swallows* - for a tenner(flights to Tokyo not included).

*Not actually Asia's greatest baseball team. Nor, to be fair, Japan's. To be perfectly honest they're not even the six team Central league's top team. They are however Tokyo's number one(up yours giants!). If you exclude the play off loss to the orange gimps.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Same as you mate, I was looking forward to this, I'm not too far from the stadium either so would have been a good day out for us. I'll watch it at home (assume it'l be on the BBC)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So a decent seat is around the cost of 10 away PL tickets or 6 category A home games, far too expensive and just can't justify paying the amounts being asked.

Presumably before a significant booking fee is added to make the MLB tickets even more costly

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Those prices are insane! I was at Giants Stadium in San Fransisco this summer and paid $35 for a seat right beside he pitch. It was the equivalent of block 019 on the map above which is £320!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I also pre-registered, but those prices are crackers.

I guess you just have to factor in the "event" aspect of it. These teams play 81 homes games in a regular season - whereas this is the first of its kind over here, and they're playing twice. But bloody hell, they've priced it at elite levels to milk it for all its worth. I think I'm out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Saw the Blue Jays when in Toronto playing the 2nd game of their season against the Brewers in a somewhat empty stadium, think the tickets were around $20, found it all rather boring

If you'd gone to the opening game the stadium would have been packed and tickets a bit more expensive. It is a bit crap in April and May. It's great on a hot summer's day or when it gets towards the playoffs (around 150 games in to the season :lolol: )

In terms of prices, these do seem a bit steep. However, tickets for Yankees vs Red Sox at Yankee Stadium aren't cheap. Hundreds of dollars for most of the premium seating areas and you only get super cheap tickets up in the top tier which London Stadium doesn't have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here