Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] blu ray order from USA- import tax query (Amazon)

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Have a 4 disc boxset of Yellowstone on order, and noticed a deposit of nearly £5 added to price.. first i've seen, in all the stuff I have ordered online.

Is this a new thing, or value related? base boxset price was USD $24, plus postage, plus this tax..???

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Amazon have to find a way to pay all those UK taxes they’ve said they’re now going to.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Have a 4 disc boxset of Yellowstone on order, and noticed a deposit of nearly £5 added to price.. first i've seen, in all the stuff I have ordered online.

Is this a new thing, or value related? base boxset price was USD $24, plus postage, plus this tax..???

It's a relatively new item from Amazon, and is a deposit to cover import duty and import VAT. The good news is that your item won't be subject to import duty as below the threshold, but will attract import VAT as just above the threshold. You will probably get charged 20% VAT on £18 and should see a small refund credited to you shortly afterwards as the import VAT is under £5.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Some time ago I ordered a DVD from Japan. Its cost was more than the £15 allowance. My postman left a card informing me that before I could collect it from the local sorting office I had to pay the VAT plus a Royal Mail (pre privatisation) administrative charge of £8.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here