Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagull travel next season

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It appears that the club have removed the travel subsidy for coach travel next season, adding £38 to a coach season ticket (premier league) or £46 (championship).
Be prepared for the trains to be busier.

Thin end of the wedge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It appears that the club have removed the travel subsidy for coach travel next season, adding £38 to a coach season ticket (premier league) or £46 (championship).

Thin end of the wedge?

£2 per game sounds more like a modest inflation-linked increase ?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
£2 per game sounds more like a modest inflation-linked increase ?

It isn't, it is the removal of the travel subsidy.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Thin end of the wedge?

I brought this up on another thread to a mixed response. The basic reaction was to just put up with it.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I brought this up on another thread to a mixed response. The basic reaction was to just put up with it.

Apologies, I didn't see that. I suspect the reaction will be different if the club end the travel subsidy completely.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Apologies, I didn't see that. I suspect the reaction will be different if the club end the travel subsidy completely.

It absolutely would. But I shan’t say anymore. I think it’s a shame the club have felt the need to impose on the group of fans that makes the most effort to get to games and who spend the most on a regular basis to get there. But hey ho, business talks. It’s certainly soured my view of the club on a point of principle.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

They said the same when prices went up last year/ I had a ST every year in the Championship but when they made a big deal of only going up a couple of pounds, they neglected to mention it was 4 less trips so was actually a big increase. When I brought it up on here, all I got was how wonderful it was. Put the coffee up 20p and people will go mad. Sneak through a 17% price rise and people lap it up. Very strange. It was a useful service, especially for midweek games but now I just get the train and only get midweek games by coach. I genuinely think it would be a fair bit cheaper to group together and get a taxi than use ST in future. This increase will take a single match journey to around £18 for me. My original season ticket worked out under £9 a game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Thin end of the wedge?

Indeed, us NWSS season ticket holders have one and the same problem.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is this kind of thing given at other clubs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If it's the thread I am thinking of, I think the message got a bit lost amongst some suggestions that no one would be getting inclusive travel in the near future.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If it's the thread I am thinking of, I think the message got a bit lost amongst some suggestions that no one would be getting inclusive travel in the near future.

That’s fair. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen - can you imagine the uproar.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It absolutely would. But I shan’t say anymore. I think it’s a shame the club have felt the need to impose on the group of fans that makes the most effort to get to games and who spend the most on a regular basis to get there. But hey ho, business talks. It’s certainly soured my view of the club on a point of principle.

Are you sure?
Have you tried using Southern Fail? Or the park & ride when the buses break down?

There’s plenty of folk who make a big effort to get to games. Booking a single form of transport door to door is far from making an effort in my book.

I accept the cost bit, though. It’s the part that stops me “making the effort”!

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Probably speaking too soon and will probably regret it but there haven't been the regular after match threads on here moaning about match day train travel (Boxing day alert)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here