Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Unlimited-BBC Sussex

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I always listen but could be a lot better.
No input from Albion fans and the weekly guest is normally a poor choice.
A great opportunity for them to make an excellent radio programme.
It would be worth a listen if our old favourite Ian Hart was presenting the show.
Any other ideas?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Never knew it even existed to be honest , so it's a Albion based radio show with no fan or club input ? ................................i'm going to get a whoosh here aren't i

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Haven't listened for a few weeks, they seem to have stopped plugging it and i must admit I've got a new podcast app and not subscribed yet. Who is the latest guest?

I fail to see how Ian Hart would make it more listenable tbh. It's not a bad show at all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Listened to Albion Unlimited a few times, but I can take it or leave it tbh. Its fairly low down the list on my must-listen pods, I only resort to it when I've run out of all the good ones for the week.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I like it generally, I think Cantor and Aspinall generally speak sense, and always interesting to hear from their BBC counterparts that cover the opposition that we are next playing. However, the main presenter (Adrian Harms is it!?) is a complete tool, who appears to know next to nothing about football or presenting a radio show.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
The weekly guest is normally a poor choice.

To give people an idea if they are poor then this season the guests have been, amongst others, Kerry Mayo, Adam Virgo, Henry Winter, Alan Mullery, Guy Butters, Spencer Vignes (talking about Bloody Southerners), Ben Thatcher (Royal Blood), Elliot Bennett, Don Goodman, Tommy Elphick, Jules Breach and a last minute booking no doubt with someone called Kieran Maguire.
And normally the BBC Radio equivalent of Johnny Cantor previewing their local team (eg: this week it was the Radio Leeds Hudds commentator)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
No input from Albion fans

Radio Sussex has a fan phone in after every home game featuring dozens of fans calls, tweets and texts..
"The Final Whistle" https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06qgh7m - you can listen to that on demand.

The calls and point of view is always referenced in Albion Unlimited in the opening 10 minute look back at the previous Saturday game.
eg: most of the discussion this week was about fans views that Hughton is cautious, and the 'poor" performances in recent games .
And obviously most of the guests are either ex Albion players or fans. including some regulars who post on here.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why the fook would you want to listen to input from Albion fans?

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Agreed. But completely different budget, and therefore production values. So probably unfair comparison.
Thats true and I like The Albion Roar and am very grateful for their pod but the constant in jokes and regular lecturing can be hard work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Maybe it could be better but I like it too. You get little insights for instance this week they were talking about giving the youngsters a shot and what age they started, Warren was 17 and Guy Butters was 18 when they played for the first team.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why the fook would you want to listen to input from Albion fans?

This. I've caught the post-match stuff on the way back from games sometimes and most of the time I'm thinking 'What ARE you on about?' Geezer on Saturday was moaning about the performance and wanted Hughton out of the club ASAP. Turns out he'd made up his mind by listening to the game on the radio :facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think it's bloomin' good to be honest, but then I remember the days when we didn't even get a mention (Radio Slurry).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here