Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Radio Sussex

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I have regularly tuned in at 8.30am to receive the latest news and local weather forecast, for some time now Radio Sussex have introduced a kindergarten guessing game of the age of minor celebs who those taking part often admit they have no knowledge of the person, when you are waiting to leave home it is maddening to be held up by this rubbish,who is responsible for introducing this item

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have regularly tuned in at 8.30am to receive the latest news and local weather forecast, for some time now Radio Sussex have introduced a kindergarten guessing game of the age of minor celebs who those taking part often admit they have no knowledge of the person, when you are waiting to leave home it is maddening to be held up by this rubbish,who is responsible for introducing this item

Probably the same turd, who first started Chris Moyles on the radio rocky road!!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Lots of complaints that bbc Sussex breakfast delays traffic reports for some chit chat between the news and traffic. The presenter Neil Pringle said on air if you do not like it tune to another station! Today he asked why are the winds over the sea stronger than overland. Not the brighter person on the planet obviously.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you think Radio Sussex is shat, re-tune to Talkshite and catch Alan Brazil in full flow

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Am I the only one to think there’s something a bit “Alan Partridge” about him?

He comes across as smug and righteous, subtly putting down the view of any caller not of his particular rigid mindset on issues.

I now avoid his show (whilst driving to work), but all their other presenters are very likeable and down to earth IMO.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Pringle is an absolute Piece of Shit, an ignorant and self important wanker who oversaw the dismembering of a once decent local Radio Station (e.g.John Radford/Bill Buckley/Dominic Busby) to keep his job. I don't hate too many people but I do loathe him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you think Radio Sussex is shat, re-tune to Talkshite and catch Alan Brazil in full flow

I can't listen to him any more...........

Sounds as though he's often eating when he's speaking
Cuts across guests all the time
Asks a question then ALWAYS tries to answer it . 'Who do you do you think will win the league ? City ? Liverpool ?' Hugely annoying
Only interested in the top 4 and where his next pissup is coming from

Can't stand Jim White either.

Trying out other early morning options (for the commute, or background noise when working from home)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If you're not already a subscriber then i heartily recommend Radio Sussex Albion Unlimited - the weekly podcast from Johnny, Warren, & Adrian.
Its a pretty frank/honest hour long post mortem of what happened the previous Saturday and has previews of upcoming Albion fixtures and interviews with players/pundits etc.
PS: No JC this week, Guy Butters stepped in. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06t0g66

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I must be the only be who likes Neil Pringle. He has a great team with Cranners on the traffic and Jo Rickards with the news and always listen to them on my 40 minute drive to work. Chris Evans is too lively for me and that Heart FM was crap when it was called Southern FM so nothing changed. But I tune into Radio 4 Today when the signal dies down.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
If you're not already a subscriber then i heartily recommend Radio Sussex Albion Unlimited - the weekly podcast from Johnny, Warren, & Adrian.
Its a pretty frank/honest hour long post mortem of what happened the previous Saturday and has previews of upcoming Albion fixtures and interviews with players/pundits etc.
PS: No JC this week, Guy Butters stepped in. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06t0g66

Does it have traffic, travel and weather updates though? A bit like Mustafa's suggestion to listen to Radio 4 it may not be what the OP needs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The day I finally resort to Radio Snooze for anything other than the Albion commentary, I want somebody to shoot me in the face.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here