Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football should be for the people. This does not have to be a utopian idea.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
OP.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Football should only be for those who can afford it. Who could have a problems with us fans having to pay £50 a single ticket to when the club are earning £100m per year? Dictators need somewhere to sportswash their image and put their petrodollar billions. Top level agents do a valuable job and should probably be taking more money out of the game. Scudamore’s pay off, is of course, completely justifiable and we should be offering him some more otherwise he’ll go to some rival company.

Think I quelled the insubordination lads.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What a powerful piece of writing. Kudos to him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good article - although he's painting a rosy picture of the Argeles sur Mer camp. It wasn't some sort of transit area but a concentration camp for refugees; large numbers of them died there. I've walked past the site of the camp (there's a monument there now) and it's quite a well-heeled area these days: it was strange to think of it teeming with Spanish republicans.

I wonder how his plea for tolerance for refugees goes down with football supporters. There are plenty on here who are certainly less than tolerant.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Argeles sur Mer..... quite a well-heeled area these days....

It is chuff - it's a hole! :lolol:

I used to have a holiday home down there about 20 years ago. When we were driving past a couple of years ago we swung by for old times sake for a bite to eat near the market. It made Hastings look like Kensington!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Good article - although he's painting a rosy picture of the Argeles sur Mer camp. It wasn't some sort of transit area but a concentration camp for refugees; large numbers of them died there. I've walked past the site of the camp (there's a monument there now) and it's quite a well-heeled area these days: it was strange to think of it teeming with Spanish republicans.

I wonder how his plea for tolerance for refugees goes down with football supporters. There are plenty on here who are certainly less than tolerant.

It was very touch and go regards the camp, people suspected of being involved with republican army or politics were sent back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here