Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Totally disagree with this sort of activity. People's choices are there own to make, and whilst some may feel that other people's choices are made due to societal norms that may be no longer relevant, or due to ill-education, that doesn't make it right to do this sort of thing. It's difficult for people that feel strongly about this topic, because it's highly emotive for both sides.

Hard line extremists of any ilk are not good indicators of any group to be fair. I know quite a lot of vegans and not one of them are like this. Actually, one probably is, he got arrested for chaining himself to something to try and stop the Bexhill link road

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its a familiar trait of activists in any area, animal rights, veganism, multi-gender, etc that they adopt aggressive, invasive or violence for their aims. because essentially they are children having a big tantrum.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The thing is, they are right in that eating meat is immoral. Most of us are guilty of it, including myself.

However if you rock up at a steak house and piss people off when they're having dinner, it will achieve nothing except deter people away from your cause.

Not sure I would compare them to fascists though.

Exactly. Getting people to change anything is not done in this manner. All you are doing is wasting your time, making the general population think you are a knobber and annoying innocent people. Seriously, does anyone read these things and think "oh wow, what a good point, I didn't realise animals died for me to eat meat, I'll stop"

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The thing is, they are right in that eating meat is immoral. Most of us are guilty of it, including myself.

However if you rock up at a steak house and piss people off when they're having dinner, it will achieve nothing except deter people away from your cause.

I certainly don’t regard eating meat as immoral. Don’t plants have a life?

What I do take exception to is the anarchic behaviour of some vegans trying to force their beliefs on law abiding others

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

these are the tactics fascists apply to causes they disagree with, end civilsed debate and go militant. not only fascists of course but its a fair enough accusation.

and meat is not immoral. there may be ethical questions around some practices in production, but the act of eating meat is simple nature as we have done for millennia.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Humans are omnivores.

Eating meat is not immoral . . . . plenty of farming methods are extremely questionable however.

These guys are just twats, up there with EDL and other extremist tosspots.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Who defines whether it is morale or not?

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd have gone via the kitchens thern outside and shoved a load of mince in there faces!

As others have said this isn't the way to go about enacting change.

I'm trying to cut down on eating meat myself, mostly for budgetary reasons and because my other half is vegetarian, but if I was sitting in that restaurant I'd certainly not be warming up to their cause.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hopefully one day they'll piss off the wrong person and find out what real violence is. If they want to be vegan, good for them but don't try and force their views on other people. I have some rescue chickens ...... they are pretty much freerange ...... they lay eggs. These idiot vegans would suggest I don't eat said eggs :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think we can all agree that causing the unnecessary suffering upon another being, including animals, is immoral.

Eating of meat doesn't have to cause suffering. Death may or may not cause suffering to the individual, who knows what kind of death an ani mal may have otherwise had? Chased for hours and suffocated by by jaws clamped around its neck, or a relatively quicker less stressful slaughter?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What has this got to do with communism?

I would bet a pound to a penny that every one of those protestors would either not vote 'cos it is irrelevant', or note vote cos 'it achieves nothing', vote Corbyn, or vote Green (trendy Labour). They also believe that Utopia (Communism) can actually work.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The thread starter is one of the hard right gonks that infest this site

Hard right gonk? I bet John Smith was a hard right gonk to you?

I will give you a clue, he was the best Prime Minister that Labour never had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here