I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why isn’t it on Sky or BT sport?

Stupid answers only please.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because they were worried about overwhelming TV audiences with too much football and decided everyone needed a day off.

Or, they weren't sure how to big up Jorginho making 454787864484684 passes totalling 5 yards.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on.....if it is not on TV. WTF Did we move it from Saturday at 3 o'clock?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chelsea in Europa league the preceding Thursday.

So effing what? We are not involved. That is their own lookout.

We should have told them to foxtrot Oscar.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So effing what? We are not involved. That is their own lookout.

We should have told them to foxtrot Oscar.

Spare a thought for me. I booked flight out of Gatwick rather than Birmingham on 16th so that I could go to the match on the 15th. The match is changed to the 16th

Now I am stuck with having to pay for extra trains to London and Gatwick. A Hotel in Gatwick Airport on 15th and I don't even get to go to the match. I was raging when the dates got changed due to Chelsea's Europa League match. A competition no one watches and no one cares about. Including Chelsea. They will probably send their reserves to play on the Thursday night

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Spare a thought for me. I booked flight out of Gatwick rather than Birmingham on 16th so that I could go to the match on the 15th. The match is changed to the 16th

Now I am stuck with having to pay for extra trains to London and Gatwick. A Hotel in Gatwick Airport on 15th and I don't even get to go to the match. I was raging when the dates got changed due to Chelsea's Europa League match. A competition no one watches and no one cares about. Including Chelsea. They will probably send their reserves to play on the Thursday night

First World problems eh [emoji23]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why didn’t you wait until the TV games were announced before making your arrangements?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

To be fair, when the fixtures were released we knew Chelsea would be in the Europa league, and we knew what weeks the Europa League matches would be. I'm not saying I'd have been organised enough to work this out, but then it sounds like you did quite a bit of thinking/planning around this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why didn’t you wait until the TV games were announced before making your arrangements?

It was obvious the game wouldn't be played on the Saturday after the Europa league group fixtures were released. Had to be either Sunday or Monday depending on any TV coverage.

Sounds like a schoolboy error in booking flights without considering the obvious

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Because it extends past the usual 10 minute air time the Albion gets on any channel?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here