Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why were Ipswich fans at our game?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It doesn't matter how much money there is in the PL, it doesn't help the average fan. Ordered a shirt for my son for Xmas yesterday, £53, we're getting milked for every penny...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It doesn't matter how much money there is in the PL, it doesn't help the average fan. Ordered a shirt for my son for Xmas yesterday, £53, we're getting milked for every penny...

53 quid for a replica shirt is outrageous

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It raises an interesting question. What/who is the average fan in the Premier League?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It raises an interesting question. What/who is the average fan in the Premier League?

Been going since 1980, I'll always love the Albion but for the first time the cost is making me be more selective. If you take a family its a small fortune now, meanwhile we have £15m+ players on the sidelines

In 1993 I bought a north stand Adult ST for £80...

As for a Scudamore thing, if they are going to pay him £5m just take it out of their coffers and factor, but asking clubs for the money sends the wrong signal and is counterproductive

LVGull

May 13, 2016

People should make a stand. Stop going to games and stop buying over priced items.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More to the point......how much does a Premier league supporter have to earn to be able to go to a match?

Not a lot, if you're a season ticket holder.
I see that bill the same as all the other utilities.

What I don't have is enough 'spare' money to justify food, drink, sweets and general Albion 'shopping', at the AMEX.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Been going since 1980, I'll always love the Albion but for the first time the cost is making me be more selective. If you take a family its a small fortune now, meanwhile we have £15m+ players on the sidelines

In 1993 I bought a north stand Adult ST for £80...

As for a Scudamore thing, if they are going to pay him £5m just take it out of their coffers and factor, but asking clubs for the money sends the wrong signal and is counterproductive

The clubs weren’t asked for more money though. The story was leaked by a club executive who doesn’t like Scudamore or Bruce Buck to a friendly journalist who wrote up the story to generate clicks and outrage.

D

Deleted member 2719

More to the point......how much does a Premier league supporter have to earn to be able to go to a match?
That would depend on what they see as a priority.

Single lad living at home with parents and no car, just living the dream would probably spend 95% of his money on the Albion. So he may earn just £1000 part time a year.

Another guy may earn 80k a year with mortgage, nice car, motorbike with kids and grandkids.
He may see his and his family health and fitness as priority and have a Personal trainer, club membership etc.

So I feel the it all depends on priority and circumstance.

If you look after the customer and give them what they want they will spend, but they have to get a true customer experience to make it a priority or watch Nowt and MOTD.

Are we looking after the customer are we giving them what we want?

D

Deleted member 2719

People should make a stand. Stop going to games and stop buying over priced items.

Done.

To many sheep will get into debt of it because they are addicted.

Go cold turkey for a month or two and don't ever get tied into something you feel you can't get out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

There's an obvious retort, but parents want to see their kids happy and clubs have you over their knees and spanking your bottom.

But it's not going to change all the time the demand is there.

Fans are customers of big businesses now, and it costs a lot of money to parade 11 millionaires at each game!

Pay up or not. The choice is always ours.

But, fans have the ultimate power.

I had to give my season ticket up three seasons ago because of financial reasons and thanks to the Internet on a Saturday I haven't really missed out.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Some things money can’t buy. Football isn’t one: The Amex.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I was chatting before KO to 2 Dutch lads over to see Propper & Locadia play. They pay €300 for Ajax season tickets. That’s about €75 more than your average Eridivisie club.

We’re getting fleeced by the club & in yesterday’s case mugged by the opposition.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I was chatting before KO to 2 Dutch lads over to see Propper & Locadia play. They pay €300 for Ajax season tickets. That’s about €75 more than your average Eridivisie club.

We’re getting fleeced by the club & in yesterday’s case mugged by the opposition.

I sat next to a couple of Belgians who are Bruge fans over to see Ryan and Izqueirdo. They pay €350 for their season tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here