Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was the half time team talk?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We were fantastic going forward first half - fearless, great movement, creating plenty of openings - absolute night and day compared to recent games. Pröpper and Groß showed how much they’d been missed.

Leicester lost their best creative player and absolutely looked there for the taking in the final 10-15 mins of the first half.

We came out second half TERRIFIED of them. Thoughts? What did Hughton say at half time?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
We were fantastic going forward first half - fearless, great movement, creating plenty of openings - absolute night and day compared to recent games. Pröpper and Groß showed how much they’d been missed. Leicester lost their best creative player and absolutely looked there for the taking in the final 10-15 mins of the first half.

We came out second half TERRIFIED of them. Thoughts? What did Hughton say at half time?

Could you please get a draw out of this game?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think it was more to do with Vardy coming on in the 56 th minute. He changed the game, without him, they had less ambition than us, with him, they looked a very good side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang on to what we’ve got and don’t take risks. It certainly wasn’t “right lads get out there and chase and harry them whenever they have the ball and we can win this game comfortably”

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"each take a Prozac and wash it down with some Horlicks".

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No idea why we dropped off. Should have pressed them high like after the equaliser and go get the 2nd goal. Would have killed the game. Got frightened by 1 player and didn’t utilise the fact we would be 2 v 1 on the right for the last 30 minutes.
Initial tactics spot on. Out thought afterwards tactically

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Love Chris H but he got it absolutely wrong today in the second half. Passive and scared to concede against 10 men. ****ing shambolic display from both players & manager in the 2nd half. No excuses after the way we played in the first 45 .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No idea but it's not surprising at the moment that we go down to 10 men one week - against the poorest team in the division - and pretty much throw in the towel, and then the opposition go down to 10 men in the very next game and proceed to play us off the park for an entire half

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
The fact that Leicester.... who lost arguably two of their best players before half time, then came out in the second half and were allowed to prance around the pitch with 10 men like Manchester City (ok slight exaggeration) is a real worry.

We barely threatened in the 2nd half until injury time, why??

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I said at half time that CH would be saying

Ok lads keep it tight. Slow it down a bit Matty and let’s not let them back in the game. Izzy, Knocky make sure you track back and Beram, Davy don’t push forward too much. Full backs stay in our half.
I’ll bring a sub on at 70 minutes.
It is what he must say every game we play.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The fact that Leicester.... who lost arguably two of their best players before half time, then came out in the second half and were allowed to prance around the pitch with 10 men like Manchester City (ok slight exaggeration) is a real worry.

We barely threatened in the 2nd half until injury time, why??

Because we have a mentally arthritic manager who would rather protect a one nil lead than go looking for a second and third goal. One nil is always enough, except for when it isn't.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We were fantastic going forward first half - fearless, great movement, creating plenty of openings - absolute night and day compared to recent games. Pröpper and Groß showed how much they’d been missed.

Leicester lost their best creative player and absolutely looked there for the taking in the final 10-15 mins of the first half.

Such a good quesrion as clearly team instructions changed at half time. We allowed a 1 - 0 lead slip away, at home against ten men. This is not down to the players, its the manager, if he continues with this defensive policy he will not be popular, because he doesn't have to pursue such a strategy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
CH waving the players forward most of the second half suggesting what he was seeing was not what he’d instructed. Players played poorly second half, Leicester transformed and took risks. Players need to have a look at themselves 2nd half, only so much a manager can say or do.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd love to know because we made a mess of the kick off and then allowed Leicester to look like they were the team with an extra player.

TBF, perhaps it was more to do with what Puel said to his side at half time because Leicester pressed far higher and with much more urgency after the break, we certainly didn't look like we expected that. We tried to play keep ball at times, probably a good tactic if you can do it, sadly, once again, we were yet again unable to against a team that is prepared to work hard and close down the space.

Its a lesson we need to learn quickly because Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley will all play this way against us and if recent examples are anything to go by, will all be 3 points closer to us by the end of the respective games.

Im no coach, but it seems to me that if you have pacey wingers that are allowed to play as wingers, a simple ball over the top for them to chase, is an effective way out of the high press, no good to us of course, because we would have to have afforementioned wingers.
Oh well, i guess we can always pass our way out of trouble, gotta come good at some point, right?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
CH was going mental on the touchline telling them to push up and attack more.
He got it wrong imho leaving the subs too long but it was certainly not his plan to sot back like they did.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH waving the players forward most of the second half suggesting what he was seeing was not what he’d instructed. Players played poorly second half, Leicester transformed and took risks. Players need to have a look at themselves 2nd half, only so much a manager can say or do.

If it is not working change it but not so late in the game to offer little hope.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
CH was going mental on the touchline telling them to push up and attack more.
He got it wrong imho leaving the subs too long but it was certainly not his plan to sot back like they did.

He always sits back....... it’s the hughton way

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here