Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the long term project of the club ????

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money ? Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth .
Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has .
Chris is to set in his ways to change his philosophy now .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem it's:-

Try and fail to defend a 1-0 lead.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money

Stay up, pocket the cash rewards and invest in the club.

Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth
Build the club in the Albion way, not the plucky way

Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has

That's because no manager/coach stays at a club longing enough these days

Chris Hughton is adaptable, don't forget it's only season two!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money ? Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth .
Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has .

Ever thought about supporting Bournemouth?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The problem we have is that the club has progressed further and faster than the team.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dam you mean the three one nil wins in October were a dream ...bugger

We rode our luck in all three games imo. Are you really not a little concerned that we seem to have absolutely no ambition to do any more than grab a point or a backs to the walls 1-0 win from every game, even against the bottom clubs

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It’s incredibly easy to question the clubs long term aims after a frustrating draw, but what exactly is wrong? Let’s not forget where Brighton have come from, a Championship outfit 18 months ago. The Premier League is incredibly competitive to the point where 1 tiny error can swing the game either way. I’d argue with Brighton’s budget and squad, the current short term aim is to most certainly survive. You can’t run before you can walk. Look at Fulham who tried spending big and playing with an expansive style, they’re shipping goals for fun (including 2 from behind verses us and Southampton today!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Stay up, pocket the cash rewards and invest in the club.

Build the club in the Albion way, not the plucky way

That's because no manager/coach stays at a club longing enough these days

Chris Hughton is adaptable, don't forget it's only season two!

We forgetting Norwich then ???

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We rode our luck in all three games imo.

But have still only lost 1 of 6 games in which Brighton have taken the lead. That was with 10 men and to a ‘goal’ the officials incorrectly ruled as onside. 4 of those games were won, including a 3-2 with Man United. But I guess that’s not too impressive these days?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That as maybe......but in the results still stand

As do the missed opportunities from two games that were there for the taking and we didn’t even try and press home the advantage we gained from going ahead. One was against 10 men and one was when we played a large proportion of the game with 10 men but the tactics were just the fecking same.

Not good eneough for me, maybe I have ambitions above just staying in this division. Maybe I’d like to see a good 90 minute performance now and again :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem we have is that the club has progressed further and faster than the team.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I reckon that this time four years ago had us dropping in the relegation zone. In fact-

November 24th:

2014/15 Championship 20th
2015/16 Championship 2nd
2016/17 Championship 1st
2017/18 Premier League 9th (16 points) +6 points above relegation
2018/19 Premier League 12th (15 points) +7 points above relegation

I don't think they are going backwards.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We rode our luck in all three games imo. Are you really not a little concerned that we seem to have absolutely no ambition to do any more than grab a point or a backs to the walls 1-0 win from every game, even against the bottom clubs

Ah you've amended your post...I as you will have seen was responding to the posters point which was different from yours......hmm...1/0 against Wolves bottom club? They were above us at the time....a 1/0 at Newcastle is always a welcome result....they've subsequently won two on the bounce...we played a West Ham team that had just gone four unbeaten....including a 3/0 win at Everton and a creditable home draw at home to Chelsea.....if we grind these same results out against Huddersfield, Palace..Burnley....I'll be content because at second season...for me its still all about survival

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ah you've amended your post...I as you will have seen was responding to the posters point which was different from yours......hmm...1/0 against Wolves bottom club? They were above us at the time....a 1/0 at Newcastle is always a welcome result....they've subsequently won two on the bounce...we played a West Ham team that had just gone four unbeaten....including a 3/0 win at Everton and a creditable home draw at hoe to Chelsea.....if we grind these same results out against Huddersfield, Palace..Burnley....I'll be content because at second season...for me its still all about survival

I will have to be content too but I really doubt we’ll do better than scrape a point from Huddersfield and I think Palace will turn us over. Both teams will chase us down and press us, we won’t be able to cope imo. I don’t think we’ll be offering much on the entertainment front either. As you can gather I am pretty disillusioned with watching the Albion this season :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here