Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton owned by Puel

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
CH was taught a coaching lesson today by Puel. We were so predictable and disappointing, it was an inevitable outcome. Huge 2 points dropped.

Hopefully we learnt how to play away from home with 10 men though following our surrender against Cardiff, but I doubt it.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
CH was taught a coaching lesson today by Puel. We were so predictable and disappointing, it was an inevitable outcome. Huge 2 points dropped.

Hopefully we learnt how to play away from home with 10 men though following our surrender against Cardiff, but I doubt it.

Yawn

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Biggest criticism for me was too slow in making changes (again). Clear Propper and Izzy were struggling but he doesn't change things.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Time for my bed.

Puel is a good manager with a huge array of talent at his disposal. I'm sure CH is always learning new things

Hopefully. You say about his huge array of talent but Puel didn’t have his best defender today, down to 10 men with his most creative player sent off in the first half, best striker only came on in the second half and yet they outplayed us.

Hughton also had a lot of attacking talent at his disposal yet we looked impotent at home to a mid table side who had 10 men for over an hour. Big lessons to learn.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Hughton is a reactive manager. Not a proactive one. Waited until they’d played their hand before making a change. Played an unfit immobile Murray in the second half. Stuck rigidly to 4-5-1 until they scored. Poor effort Chris.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
how many PL years have Leicester had to build their squad compared to us?

ooops - just seen Rugero's post

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Hopefully. You say about his huge array of talent but Puel didn’t have his best defender today, down to 10 men with his most creative player sent off in the first half, best striker only came on in the second half and yet they outplayed us.

Hughton also had a lot of attacking talent at his disposal yet we looked impotent at home to a mid table side who had 10 men for over an hour. Big lessons to learn.

yep, it was a masterclass by Puel in how to play with 10 men. He basically abandoned the left hand side of midfield, figuring that Bruno was the one player who could least hurt them. Chilwell, who is obviously one of their best players, kept Knockaert very quiet and essentially sewed up that side of the pitch. Everywhere else they went at us man-for-man, and nullified any chance of us pushing for a second by putting Vardy on and making the threat of a breakaway goal very real. We were essentially forced to hold on to what we had which always gave them a chance, which they were duly given.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They have had a few more years to build. We are new boys so be patient.

By that reckoning, we shall win the PL next season then! Happy days, I didn’t realise these players had it in them and will finish the season with 6 wins on the bounce. Looking forward to :)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
When it comes to playing creative, attacking football I fear our Chris hasn't got a clue.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

You tired mate?

****ing hell that was a shocking performance even with rose coloured glasses.

Hughton hasn't the faintest idea on how to set up an attacking side and when they went down to 10 and then had their best player hobble off, they were there for the taking and we start all the ole bollocks!

We are so frustrating to watch at the moment...thank Fisk we won three on the trot.

When Was the last time we scored mor than 1 goal?

We better buck our ideas up and start going for teams at home or we could be needing points soon. I fear for the palace game already.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hughton was "owned" by the male lino today. Two lousy calls that cost us. A yellow for Izquierdo when he kept the ball in and was away (although if he'd ended up shooting it would probably have gone for a throw). On the Gross "offside" call, he was onside and was clean through. 2-0 would have been huge at that point.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hughton was "owned" by the male lino today. Two lousy calls that cost us. A yellow for Izquierdo when he kept the ball in and was away (although if he'd ended up shooting it would probably have gone for a throw). On the Gross "offside" call, he was onside and was clean through. 2-0 would have been huge at that point.

Ha that is it then..it's the officials fault!

Well that is ok then.

FFS

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here