Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester: a point gained or two points dropped?

Was Leicester a point gained or two points dropped?

• A point gained

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 226 90.0%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
we're one point further away from the relegation zone than when we started the day, and thats all that matters in this league right now, so its a point gained.

That’s the big picture, you’re spot on. I’m pretty sure we’ll stay up and next summer deal with glaring squad weaknesses.

But with this particular discrete event in the season, throwing away a home win against ten men, is gutting in the moment. Only natural to feel that, admit it, then move on.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Yet again not going for the 2 goal lead and on top against 10 men has been costly. The table still looks comfortable though.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
as I said on the match day thread ....

1 point is better than none , however to the tune of 'It should have been me' I find myself grumbling 'It Really Really SHOULD have been 3'

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I have to say our approach in that second half was pretty embarrassing. Wasting time with every throw in/goal kick. No ball boys to be seen. Took an equaliser to get anyone bothered about attacking again.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I believe in the tracker.

Although that does mean today was one of our best 3 results of the season.

Doesn't really feel like it

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But with this particular discrete event in the season, throwing away a home win against ten men, is gutting in the moment. Only natural to feel that, admit it, then move on.

Normally I'd agree with this. But to me it feels like five points dropped in two games - and that is a great concern.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'm sure Leicester fans would consider it a point won, so hardly surprising the vote is currently 1:16. But why is 'two points dropped' in italics? Imagine the mayhem if the referendum options had been in different fonts!

the one in italics is the one you voted for

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
2 dropped.

I can't help but think that any other Premier League manager would have made positive changes to win the game.

We had two strikers on the bench FFS.

Not so sure about that one. All you have to do is read other teams forums and they say pretty much the same as this..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to say our approach in that second half was pretty embarrassing. Wasting time with every throw in/goal kick. No ball boys to be seen. Took an equaliser to get anyone bothered about attacking again.

I wasn’t there, but if that’s true about us time wasting for the entire second half, that’s disgraceful at home with a man advantage. I despise clubs who kill this sport with that crap, and in a way justice for football was done with Leicester destroying that ‘master’ plan.

.... if that’s true?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Both.

Two points dropped as that game was the taking and should have been comfortable and if not for our negativity would have comfortable.

Point gained because the tactics and the way we played, we deserved nothing out of that game.

To sit back against ten men, at home, against a mid-table side, 1-0 up, is simply not acceptable.

Hughton needs to have a good look at himself. Fans will accept that against the top teams and away from home, but not against a mid table side, 1-0 up, against 10 men. Simply not good enough.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I would have taken a point before KO so a point gained in that respect.

However, the playing style against a weakened side isn't positive and is becoming all too frequent and not very entertaining. That is sport is all about for me.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
2 points dropped. To come out in the second half with a (seemingly) defensive attitude just invited Leicester to attack. They soon twigged it, bought on Vardy and pure panic set in. To see GM struggling just before half time invited some fresh legs up front. When the change came it was too late, if only CH would be a little more adventurous when the game is there to be killed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here