Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boos at full-time whistle

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nothing to do with 'manning up. More to do with seeing out a game, 1 nil up against 10 men and not going into defensive mode-again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leicester are most dangerous when teams push on, I imagine the thinking being dropping deep was stopping the space behind.

Duffy and Dunk are great at what they do, dealing with pace is not one of them

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I don't blame CH for the tactics today. I think the situation might be worse than that - assuming CH makes his u happiness clear to the players after farces like Cardiff then the evidence suggests that they are simply not listening to him anymore or he can't get his message across anymore . I not saying CH out because I can't thi k of any better realistic candidates but I think we have a deep rooted problem niw

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The manning up quote wasn't aimed at our players.

We had to sit back because they were so dangerous on the break. I think CH was right not to push up too much as we could have been badly exposed to that line of attack. Unfortunately we didn't see out the game because of a poor tackle by Kayal. Bruno and Knockaert didn't take advantage of the man advantage they had down the left, and everywhere else we were man-for-man

Ch does see the season as a whole rather than game by game, and I'm sure he wanted to get as many minutes as he could into Propper and Gross' legs. That was a gamble that didn't pay off in the end today, but might well see us better off in the coming fixtures

"We had to sit back"

Home, v 10 men for nearly an hour, v a mid table team that we could have been on equal points with a win, without any change of tactics. We had to sit back. That is a quality post.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The same negative second half tactics we saw against United, West Ham, Newcastle and Wolves.

Of course, the big difference in the games you mention and today is that in the aforementioned we didn’t play 60 minutes against ten men... We rode our luck in those games and results could’ve gone either way. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we came away with three points in those games, but how much needless pressure did we put ourselves under sitting back and allowing teams to attack us? It wouldn’t be so bad if we retained the ball better but a coupling of sitting back and poor ball retention and you are just asking for trouble. We were found out today. It was painfully predictable and we walked away with what we deserved.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, TB isn't trigger-happy, you're right. But why is it worrying?
PS you're also right that the second half was toilet

Because, and I am not advocating it, but if we were looking like relegation favourites, as we did today, I think TBs loyalty could be his downfall.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A lot of the boos came from the Leicester fans towards the ref...and we boooooed the schmiekel every time he touched the ball...so itmay have been that.

In the bus queue all of the Leicester fans said Duffy should have gone for. A two footed lunge...it may also have been that

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Was rather disappointed hearing C.H.'s after match interview.
It all seemed a bit accepting of the fact that we drew a game we should have won and I can't recall any acknowledgement about a poor second half.
An anaemic interview, I think describes it best for me.

When aren't his interviews bland?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Boos heard on the stream at full-time whistle and mentioned by the commentators of said stream.

Some fans getting a little twitchy or are they justified today?

Any full time boos at the Amex are invariably aimed at the referee. As today's probably were. Fully deserved too, he had a wretched game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Because, and I am not advocating it, but if we were looking like relegation favourites, as we did today, I think TBs loyalty could be his downfall.

Second half, yes, first half, no. We've come away with a point against Leicester who, in my view, are a top eight side.
TB's loyalty might just have sealed CH's decision to come to us in the first place. I'm happy to be proved wrong on this but, at present, it looks far more like a strength than a weakness.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Second half, yes, first half, no. We've come away with a point against Leicester who, in my view, are a top eight side.
TB's loyalty might just have sealed CH's decision to come to us in the first place. I'm happy to be proved wrong on this but, at present, it looks far more like a strength than a weakness.

Yes, I agree, today looked like a strength, not a weakness. Top eight side, as you rightly say is your view. My view is, with a win v 10 men at home whilst being 1-0 up would have had us on equal points, so yes, your view.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
"We had to sit back"

Home, v 10 men for nearly an hour, v a mid table team that we could have been on equal points with a win, without any change of tactics. We had to sit back. That is a quality post.
Again, you're not allowed to say things like that. Go sit on the naughty step.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here