PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 24th November 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Christopher Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross is fit to face Leicester after a 12-week absence with an ankle injury.

Davy Propper has recovered from a similar problem but Dale Stephens starts a three-match suspension.

Leicester striker Jamie Vardy is nursing a groin injury and is a major doubt for Saturday's game.

Harry Maguire remains out but James Maddison is back in training after a knee problem and will be assessed, along with Rachid Ghezzal.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

John Roder: The goalscoring exploits of 43-year-old Jamie Cureton have attracted plenty of attention this week, and it got me thinking who of the current Premier League forwards might be doing the same in non-league football when they reach their forties.

Fitness permitting, two candidates will be on opposing sides at the Amex on Saturday: Brighton's Glenn Murray, who recently signed a one-year contract extension, and Leicester's Jamie Vardy.

Murray, at 35 the elder of the pair by four years, has six goals this season, while Vardy hasn't scored in his last five appearances.

It's daft to say the hopes of their respective teams rest solely on their performances, but a goal from either would be a huge help in what could be a very tight contest.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton on Jurgen Locadia indicating to Dutch media he could look for a January move: "There's no doubt that the comments he made or what he thinks was taken out of proportion.

"That doesn't escape the fact that he would like to play more. I have no problem with his views. The most important thing is he is very motivated to play here."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel: "I don't know if every game it is right to speak about our chairman. All the players, the staff, we have Vichai in our heads, we don't have to repeat all the time.

"I want my players to find good focus, full concentration about the football. We know we have this responsibility to perform this way, the right way.

"The right concentration for me is to leave these emotions to the side. It's the right response."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Leicester won 2-0 in both Premier League meetings last season, beating Brighton away for the first time in five matches.
Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have only lost one of their eight Premier League home fixtures since a 2-0 defeat against Leicester on 31 March (W4, D3).
    [*=left]They could equal the club top-flight record of three consecutive home victories, which they achieved most recently in March.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could also match the club top-flight record of three home clean sheets in a row, set in 1979.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has never scored in seven appearances against Leicester; it's the longest he has gone without a goal against any opponent in English league football. He had a penalty saved in last season's corresponding fixture.
    [*=left]Murray, who is poised to make his 100th Premier League appearance on Saturday, has scored five goals in as many top-flight home games this season.
Leicester

• [*=left]The Foxes could go four matches unbeaten in the league for the first time since March.
    [*=left]Leicester have won three of their past five Premier League away games, one more than in their previous 11 attempts.
    [*=left]Claude Puel's side are unbeaten in all seven league fixtures this season against teams currently below them (W5, D2).
    [*=left]They have conceded a league-high 25% of their 16 goals this season inside the opening 15 minutes of games, and are one of three teams yet to score in this time period.
    [*=left]A sixth successive league appearance without a goal would represent Jamie Vardy's worst run since a seven-match streak between December 2016 and February 2017.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Battling 0-0 I reckon, what with Vardy a doubt. Possibly a shot on goal or two with Matt Ryan busier of the two keepers.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think we need a shake up and should go with Willy Wonka Wingbacks.
#guesswhatIwatchedlastnight

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Expect lots of beanie hats in attendance today...... :D

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 09.21.16.png

also.... free ponchos? Is this accurate or does this guy think we are still at Withdean? :lol:

Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 09.29.23.png

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Bus replacement. [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Think CH will make a few changes today:

Ryan
Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert
Propper
Kayal
March
Gross
Murray

Subs: Button, Balogun, Izquierdo, Andone, Bernardo, Bissouma, Locadia

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We can't beat teams like Leicester who set up to defend on the break, it will be the same as last season. A lot of huff, not a lot of puff and caught out on the break to lose 0-2. Unless of course Hughton sets out to attack with Murray and Andone up top which he may as well without Gross and Stephens in the team as it's pointless playing a system when the 2 best players in the system aren't playing

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Surprised there's not a 'Vichai' thread started yet. As sad as it was, are all the tributes over or will the City fans start a minutes applause in minute (60, his age?) and will the club put up a picture?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here