Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] John Cooper Clarke tonight Brighton Dome

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I saw him live a few years back. Entertaining for about 20 mins then just boring.

Like scabies
you're under my skin
Life with you is like a fairytale
Grimm

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The thinking man's Manc Stick Insect.

First time I saw him was at Kent Uni (Canterbury) in about 1978. Last time I saw him was in a wintry sub-zero Concorde 2 a couple of years back. He looked EXACTLY the same :lol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The thinking man's Manc Stick Insect.

First time I saw him was at Kent Uni (Canterbury) in about 1978. Last time I saw him was in a wintry sub-zero Concorde 2 a couple of years back. He looked EXACTLY the same :lol:

That's because he's the Fred Dineage of punk poetry.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I saw him live a few years back. Entertaining for about 20 mins then just boring.

Like scabies
you're under my skin
Life with you is like a fairytale
Grimm

I’m inclined to agree with you. Excellent artist best enjoyed in bite size chunks. Saw him support Wilko Johnson at RAH last year and it was an excellent half hour. Previous longer shows became tedious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He supported [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] in Rochester about 20 years ago (FFS - seems like yesterday!). Appartently Attila's first ever gig in Kent. JCC read all his poems at insane breakneck speed, downing pint after pint, eventually having to interrupt himself for a few minutes for a slash. He was good but....could have taken his time a bit.

Seems to have slowed down a bit now.:lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTObCKSkaBs

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Same opinion as most others - I can listen to him in small chunks.. usually one poem long chunks.

I grew up in and around Manchester but after a while his accent gets right on my wanger.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More stand up than poetry when I last saw him. Very different to the first time, when he was supporting Elvis Costello (I think) at the Top Rank.

Hadn’t noticed he was back again. I could probably wait another few years before feeling the need to see him again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here