Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP hires Tommy Robinson

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couldn't agree more and you only need to look a couple of posts up at Simster's post to see that. So despite seeing a huge surge of people in the Western world voting for change ( USA, UK, France, Italy, Greece, Germany to name but a few ) because their concerns have been dismissed for decades - either as racist or as 'fruit cakes' to quote Cameron, there are still commentors using the same combatitive language and dismising those views. If the 'Peoples Vote' comes about and reverses Brexit watch voters move their vote to parties such as UKIP. Certainly if that happens my vote will immediately go back to UKIP ( from Labour ).

EDIT - and before someone jumps in, I in no way condone UKIP employing Robinson.

Even without recent migration, for over 100 years in times of recession and hardship it always highlights the gulf between the rich and poor. When times are tough, and lets be under no illusion that across the globe the impact of the financial crash is still felt all too keenly, then there will always be reasons to blame for people's misfortune, and look no further than Mr&Mrs Foreigner living down the street seemingly doing all right, getting in the school they wanted, doctor's appointments etc. etc. This is how the far right rises, it isn't the racists that increase the numbers, it is the gentle rhetoric taking those with moderate opinions go with them, the majority not sharing the deeper views that lie beneath.

Difficult to blame the financiers, the bankers, the policy makers, the tax dodgers, the multi-nationals because they don't touch the people's everyday lives. All they see is a cultural change on their high street and their community and that must be to blame for what has happened to their country.

What people really don't understand, the elephant in the room, is that the economy doesn't grow without population growth. Countries like us and Germany have negative birth rates and an ageing population needing more and more money for their retirements and healthcare going on much longer. It really is simple mathematics that you need immigration to make up the short fall in your population. Australia as another example actually pay you to have a 3rd child such is their desire to grow their population. It is madness because an economic growth model relying on population growth does doom the Earth to failure at some point.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anomalies, anomalies.....

I am a dyed in the wool confirmed remainer

I hate all that UKIP/Farage have created/achieved

Tommy Robinson? Talks a lot of sense that modern folk are scared to speak.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The racists/Leave voters are riding on a crest right now.
That should tell everybody everything they need to know about you! Racists/leave voters!! Only an idiot would group those two together. Clamp/****.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What people really don't understand, the elephant in the room, is that the economy doesn't grow without population growth.
It also doesn't grow when a lot of money is taken out of it.
Back in the day the government could pay workers and know that that money would end up back with them. Very basic but Ie 25% tax straight away, then the money left would be spent in UK shop, who pay UK, who employ UK citizen would pay UK tax, who use UK shops. End result government gets most of what it spends on workers back in tax.

Bring the EU and free movement, a lot of the wages are no longer spent in the UK. Money is sent out of the country. The likes of Amazon don't pay UK tax, so the money the government spends on workers, ends up in other countries and the circle is broken and the tax goes down, so they have to raise money elsewhere, and that doesn't happen, so we have spending cuts, because we cannot borrow or spend any more. Same with Germany, there wealth is being diluted, and in the end money talks. The far right will rise again, unless something is done to stop it now.... and I don't consider Tommy Robinson far right. he may have been in his youth, but I think he has a very valid point in a lot of what he says.

And the more and more some people try and shout him down, the stronger and stronger he will become, and that's when he may become dangerous.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He probably does talk a lot of sense to anyone not prepared to read between the lines.
I don't think that's fair because actually he does talk a lot of sense. Unfortunately though, he's tarnished by his form and he'd be better off letting others speak for him. UKIP should certainly not have him anywhere near their party if they want to be credible.

To wildly exaggerate the point, Harold Shipman might well have had some very sensible views on NHS funding, but I'm unlikely to listen to him either.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He probably does talk a lot of sense to anyone not prepared to read between the lines.

But you could say that of every politician. I am convinced Thersa May is playing the long game to remain in the EU.... reading between the lines.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Anomalies, anomalies.....

I am a dyed in the wool confirmed remainer

I hate all that UKIP/Farage have created/achieved

Tommy Robinson? Talks a lot of sense that modern folk are scared to speak.

Could Tommy Robinson be Pauline Hanson's love child?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would love to be able to define where exactly 'far/extreme right' is? Out near Hitler/Goering? So far to the right that it meets extreme left? Maggie zone? Just past Jacob R Mogg? BNP/NF? Anything more capitalist than Jezza?

Many of those who like to throw terms like racist, fascist, extreme right etc etc, actually refer to those that don't buy into their liberal ideals. Those that are driven by their mistaken belief that a perfect utopia is actually achievable, or those that like to appear more open and liberal because that is what makes you cool huh?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That should tell everybody everything they need to know about you! Racists/leave voters!! Only an idiot would group those two together. Clamp/****.

Listen not all leaver voters are racist, that ridiculous. But all racists voted leave and who knows may again...

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I don't 'do' politics. In fact I'm 38 and have never voted, but i definitely will be next time.

I work in public services and have seen first hand what Teresa May has done to decimate our emergency services, so i will never vote for her. I also can't vote Labour because Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser and Abbott is a car crash waiting to happen.

Who do i vote for? UKIP seems the most viable alternative.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't 'do' politics. In fact I'm 38 and have never voted, but i definitely will be next time.

I work in public services and have seen first hand what Teresa May has done to decimate our emergency services, so i will never vote for her. I also can't vote Labour because Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser and Abbott is a car crash waiting to happen.

Who do i vote for? UKIP seems the most viable alternative.

What is the UKIP policy around public services?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here