Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP hires Tommy Robinson

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bad for UKIP. Farage is right - they should boot out their idiot leader. UKIP was originally basically a pressure group for leaving the EU - it should have stayed that way instead of trying to become a fully fledged political party and a safe home for nasty right wing people.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
UKIP has run it's course, flown it's flag, won it's battle, and is now being driven into the ground, probably ending it's days as watered down version of the BNP.

Tommy Robinson for once being used by a political party, for publicity how sad, time for UKIP to disband.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bad for UKIP. Farage is right - they should boot out their idiot leader. UKIP was originally basically a pressure group for leaving the EU - it should have stayed that way instead of trying to become a fully fledged political party and a safe home for nasty right wing people.

I'm not saying everyone who voted for them falls into these categories, but UKIP has always been a safe haven for nasty bitter blue-rinse little-Englanders and outrights racists. Once Brexit won the vote, this is what they were always going to turn into, to remain relevant to those very same people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not saying everyone who voted for them falls into these categories, but UKIP has always been a safe haven for nasty bitter blue-rinse little-Englanders and outrights racists. Once Brexit won the vote, this is what they were always going to turn into, to remain relevant to those very same people.

This.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP has run it's course, flown it's flag, won it's battle, and is now being driven into the ground, probably ending it's days as watered down version of the BNP.

Tommy Robinson for once being used by a political party, for publicity how sad, time for UKIP to disband.

And yet UKIP support in the latest polls posted by Ernest show UKIP support going up - in one poll they had over double the percentage points of the Green Party !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not saying everyone who voted for them falls into these categories, but UKIP has always been a safe haven for nasty bitter blue-rinse little-Englanders and outrights racists.
I think you'll find that's the Conservative Party! In its original form, UKIP was a place for the whole of the very wide spectrum of people wanting to leave the EU, left as well as right.

UKIP has run it's course, flown it's flag, won it's battle, and is now being driven into the ground, probably ending it's days as watered down version of the BNP. Tommy Robinson for once being used by a political party, for publicity how sad, time for UKIP to disband.
Can't disagree with that - only concern is that if the vast majority of Westminster politicians who don't want to leave at all vote to overturn the referendum, UKIP - or something like it - will be needed all over again, but large numbers of those who voted UKIP in 2015 won't vote for it in its current state.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And yet UKIP support in the latest polls posted by Ernest show UKIP support going up - in one poll they had over double the percentage points of the Green Party !

And that's the issue a lot of posters here don't realise IMO.

The usual suspects come on here calling anyone who votes UKIP a racist little-Englander, but they have their heads firmly in the sand (or more likely rammed up their own arses). All that does in the real world is turn people more against you, and drives them further right.

The far right is rising throughout Europe. Just labelling anyone who might vote for UKIP as a racist is not going to help the issue. Unless center politic gets itself in order, and fast, then I don't see it slowing down. And let's be honest, Germany isn't the most happy country at the moment amongst the locals. Flooded with immigrants; the average German feeling the forgotten minority; Didn't end well last time something like that happened did it!

I am surprised this thread hasn't gone into a left wing lovie meltdown at the mere mention of Tommy Robinson's name.

The latest polls have Labour and Tory neck and neck, and UKIP and Lib Dems battling for third. The green are where they should be... nowhere.

Tories and Labour neck and neck, with PM May one of the most hated people in the country, the party tearing themselves apart, and Labour still can't get a lead. What does that tell you about left wing politics in the UK?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think you'll find that's the Conservative Party! In its original form, UKIP was a place for the whole of the very wide spectrum of people wanting to leave the EU, left as well as right.
Blue-rinse brigade maybe but in my opinion, the Conservative party was never a natural home for outright racists. Tommy Robinson's ilk for example, wouldn't really be any more likely to vote Tory than Labour.

As you say, UKIP started off as a rallying cry to Brexiteers, but it became apparent very quickly that they were attracting all sorts of unpleasant people. By the time the referendum was upon us, the Scots already sensed this and Farage was being egged and booed wherever he went up there. He did resonate far more down here who oddly still saw him as some everyman pint and fag man who loves his country, rather than the hypocritical German passport-holding, lying tosser with enough money not to be affected by this decision that he actually is.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Really, being higher than the green party although a terribly sad state of affairs in the world we live today, it is not actually surprising they are higher than the Green Party considering all we here on the news is Brexit this and that. However according to this they are dropping again now 4%.

I am sure the right have been a lot higher in the late 70s & early 80s, thank god those times have past, despite what people think and the news coverage of EDL marches of 100 neanderthals, this is no where near the thousands that marched in the past, or folks openly wondering around town or at the football in union jack t-shirts screaming "sieg heil", Christ kids at school were openly right wing, thankfully at a young age children are now taught about diversity at a young age, cutting of the avenue right wing groups would head down that of ignorance and fear. We as a society have by and large moved on from this, and simply the vast majority of people won't tolerate such backward ideology.

The threat is still there, and needs to be monitored yes, but the actual sway they have does not warrant the air time or publicity it has, don't feed the troll...

http://www.ukpolitical.info/General_election_polls.htm

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes, because there are enough people worried Brexit isn't going to be what they thought it was going to be. It is still clearly the no.1 political issue and right now, I'm thinking Leave voters are probably more worried and anxious about what leaving the EU is going to look like than Remain voters. It really isn't a surprise given the EU is still the divisive issue.

There is an irony that for UKIP to remain relevant, a failure to leave the EU is probably the best outcome for them. :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
And that's the issue a lot of posters here don't realise IMO.

The usual suspects come on here calling anyone who votes UKIP a racist little-Englander, but they have their heads firmly in the sand (or more likely rammed up their own arses). All that does in the real world is turn people more against you, and drives them further right.

The far right is rising throughout Europe. Just labelling anyone who might vote for UKIP as a racist is not going to help the issue. Unless center politic gets itself in order, and fast, then I don't see it slowing down. And let's be honest, Germany isn't the most happy country at the moment amongst the locals. Flooded with immigrants; the average German feeling the forgotten minority; Didn't end well last time something like that happened did it!

I am surprised this thread hasn't gone into a left wing lovie meltdown at the mere mention of Tommy Robinson's name.

The latest polls have Labour and Tory neck and neck, and UKIP and Lib Dems battling for third. The green are where they should be... nowhere.

Tories and Labour neck and neck, with PM May one of the most hated people in the country, the party tearing themselves apart, and Labour still can't get a lead. What does that tell you about left wing politics in the UK?

Couldn't agree more and you only need to look a couple of posts up at Simster's post to see that. So despite seeing a huge surge of people in the Western world voting for change ( USA, UK, France, Italy, Greece, Germany to name but a few ) because their concerns have been dismissed for decades - either as racist or as 'fruit cakes' to quote Cameron, there are still commentors using the same combatitive language and dismising those views. If the 'Peoples Vote' comes about and reverses Brexit watch voters move their vote to parties such as UKIP. Certainly if that happens my vote will immediately go back to UKIP ( from Labour ).

EDIT - and before someone jumps in, I in no way condone UKIP employing Robinson.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
By the time the referendum was upon us, the Scots already sensed this and Farage was being egged and booed wherever he went up there. He did resonate far more down here who oddly still saw him as some everyman pint and fag man who loves his country, rather than the hypocritical German passport-holding, lying tosser with enough money not to be affected by this decision that he actually is.

Not on the Simster Xmas card list then. :moo:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The racists/Leave voters are riding on a crest right now. The only reason people like the convicted criminal TR is because he despises Muslims. Dress it up any way you like, that’s the fact of it.
Wait til the real effects of Brexit hit home and numpties like TMcFF feel it in their own pockets.
Bunch of Wallys.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the 'Peoples Vote' comes about and reverses Brexit watch voters move their vote to parties such as UKIP. Certainly if that happens my vote will immediately go back to UKIP ( from Labour ).

It's amazing this is being talked about. The only people to blame if this does happen will be the lead Brexit figures in the Government. They should be the ones to be held account for failing to see that a 52-48 decision, with the 52 voting on many different reasons for leaving, had to be a compromised position on what leaving looked like. There has been a refusal to accept this and so what we have isn't even a deal, you wouldn't buy a house at exchange of contracts with the wishy washy wording of this 'agreement' let alone leave a trading block that represents a huge part of your economy.

If there are to be effigies burnt on the streets if the vote is overturned, then I expect Johnson, Mogg, Davis, Fox to be at the front of the queue.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Should split them nicely between the pure fascists and the soft racists.

Like the Tory party on steroids...

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Should split them nicely between the pure fascists and the soft racists.

Like the Tory party on steroids...

And this perfectly backs up my previous post ...... remainers just don't learn from their mistakes do they ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Couldn't agree more and you only need to look a couple of posts up at Simster's post to see that. So despite seeing a huge surge of people in the Western world voting for change ( USA, UK, France, Italy, Greece, Germany to name but a few ) because their concerns have been dismissed for decades - either as racist or as 'fruit cakes' to quote Cameron, there are still commentors using the same combatitive language and dismising those views. If the 'Peoples Vote' comes about and reverses Brexit watch voters move their vote to parties such as UKIP. Certainly if that happens my vote will immediately go back to UKIP ( from Labour ).

EDIT - and before someone jumps in, I in no way condone UKIP employing Robinson.
Which bit of "I'm not saying everyone who voted for them falls into these categories" did you fail to understand?

All I'm saying is that UKIP started off as a Brexit pressure group appealing to the masses, but has clearly been a magnet to the blue rinse little-Englanders and racists ever since the referendum result. Nobody listened to the BNP, nobody listened to the EDL, nobody gives a shit about the Football Lad's Alliance, but UKIP clearly appeals to an ignorant group of people who like to blame immigrants (or "minorities" as the rest of us call them) for everything and because they have been mainstream, it provides legitimacy for these people.

So to recap, I am NOT saying that anyone who voted leave is a little Englander. I am saying UKIP is a haven for the little Englanders and racists. i.e. they represent a small minority of leave voters.

Anyone would think you leavers only read what you want to read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here