Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] O/T pubs or restaurant near Charing Cross

I'm having lunch with a couple of old work collegues I haven't see for 20 odd years next Friday and I'm looking for a pub or restaurant near Charing Cross. Nothing too up market, just somewhere with decent food at lunchtime.

Shouldn't be too packed or noisy though, we need somewhere where we can sit and talk; lots of reminiscing to be done!!

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm having lunch with a couple of old work collegues I haven't see for 20 odd years next Friday and I'm looking for a pub or restaurant near Charing Cross. Nothing too up market, just somewhere with decent food at lunchtime.

Shouldn't be too packed or noisy though, we need somewhere where we can sit and talk; lots of reminiscing to be done!!

The a Pizza Express opposite, aint too bad, its clean and not too pricey :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Nothing too up market, just somewhere with decent food at lunchtime. Shouldn't be too packed or noisy though, we need somewhere where we can sit and talk

You're going to really struggle with that combination around Charing Cross at lunchtime. If you had to compromise - would it be the "not too upmarket" bit, or the "not packed or noisy" bit?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Had a meal here a few weeks ago - decent value (set lunch menu available), nice food, good service and not too manic inside. Just around the corner from the station on Villiers St.

http://www.lulivo.co.uk/menus

pastafarianstwin

Nov 6, 2018

Had lunch at the Theodore Bullfrog a few days ago, stones throw from the station, reasonable grub and price but very quiet pub only 3 other people in there lunchtime, bonus is its about a minute walk from Gordons wine bar which is pretty good lunchtime as its not too packed

el punal

Try Villiers Street, which runs alongside Charing Cross station. There’s a cracking wine bar called Gordon’s, which I believe is one of the oldest in London (1890). They do cheese platters at lunchtime and the atmosphere is brilliant. If you want a more modern place try All Bar One on the opposite side of the road.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Work opposite CC station, you will be hard pushed to find somewhere quiet on a Friday lunchtime! I would suggest either The Lemon Tree on Bedfordbury which serves great Thai food with a seating area upstairs OR the Tandoor Chop House on Adelaide Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here