Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Which Christmas tree?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Thinking of getting a potted tree this year, then reusing same tree year after year. Does anyone else do this? Does it work? Is the tree likely to survive in its pot over the summer? And will it look so good next year?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thinking of getting a potted tree this year, then reusing same tree year after year. Does anyone else do this? Did it once Does it work? For the first year, yes Is the tree likely to survive in its pot over the summer? No And will it look so good next year? See last answer

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thinking of getting a potted tree this year, then reusing same tree year after year. Does anyone else do this? Does it work? Is the tree likely to survive in its pot over the summer? And will it look so good next year?

I use to fall for this but the last three have been shit and dropped well b4 Xmas, back to artificial for me!!!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Most Christmas trees in pots are not pot grown but field grown then have their roots chopped off and stuffed in a pot so un likely to survive. If you get a true pot grown tree then yes it will survive but you will need to pot up into a bigger pot every couple of years. And let's be honest they aren't very attractive trees outside the yule season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I splurge £50 on a fresh Nordmann each year from the Christmas Tree farm just south of Haywards Heath and the Fox and Hounds at Foxhill. Worth it for the smell of Christmas for the first two or three weeks till it settles. No roots, just use my stand with regularly topped up water. Lasts through from beginning of December till 12th night if Mrs Earle lets Christmas last that long!

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I went to B&Q a few years ago after Christmas and they were selling their potted Christmas trees reduced from £35 to £5, I bought a Nordman left it in the original pot for a year, then re-potted in a larger pot, it continues to grow. Top tip don't over use fertiliser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here