Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Son going to uni next year, what to do about season ticket?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I imagine I am not the only parent who has had a season ticket for a child who is planning to go to uni. As I understand it, there are a certain number of permitted absences through the year, but I would think that even with the long holidays when my son would be home, that they will be exceeded at some point in the season.

Is it possible to hold onto the ticket and are there any solutions as i don't really want to give it up?

Edit: :ffsparr: should say 'son' in title.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Keep the ticket, depending on how the fixtures fall, he could be at home for quite a lot of them. First season my son was away, the home fixtures worked out quite well with the times he was home from Uni, Ticket exchange or bring a mate for the rest. Can you still upgrade from Concession to Adult for 6 home games?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I got to loads of games when I was at uni (ahem, 1976-9). I presume the OP's problem is a concern that there is a cap on the number of times you can put a ticket up on ticket exchange (is there???) or that too few games are sold out to make ticket exchange a realistic solution. I would be inclined to scope around for a mate's kid who might want to use the ticket as and when.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I got to loads of games when I was at uni (ahem, 1976-9). I presume the OP's problem is a concern that there is a cap on the number of times you can put a ticket up on ticket exchange (is there???) or that too few games are sold out to make ticket exchange a realistic solution. I would be inclined to scope around for a mate's kid who might want to use the ticket as and when.

Did you take a degree in surveys....you know polls and stuff? :whistle:

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Where is he/she at Uni?

My son travels down from Liverpool for the odd game as there are some decent deals on coach travel if you book far enough in advance

It now also allows him to go to a number of the away games 'up north'

In addition, I have used the ticket exchange and 6 upgrades each year

Whatever you do, don't give the ticket up as you will regret it!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Keep the season ticket! Sell it on to friends or put on the exchange for the times he can't make it. Given the infrequency of games in the Premier league and the regular international breaks your son won't actually miss as many games as you might think.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for the advice. My concern is that i thought as Harry said, that there is a limit to the number of games missed and i didn't want to end up in a situation where the club too the ticket away. Sounds unlikely now I suppose.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did you take a degree in surveys....you know polls and stuff? :whistle:

Your question is USELESS without a poll.

The options are

Degree in surveys
Degree in drugs
Degree in poisons
Degree in poisoning people who keep making the same joke over and over again

:rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks for the advice. My concern is that i thought as Harry said, that there is a limit to the number of games missed and i didn't want to end up in a situation where the club too the ticket away. Sounds unlikely now I suppose.
There is some sort of limit they published ages ago and isn't mentioned much on here.

Something like 'missing 6 or more of the 1st 10 games' and they will 'do something' about the ticket.

I really can't remember the specifics unfortunately.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was at uni in Yorkshire and still made it down for a few home games every term, so he may not miss too many.

Mind you, I used to hitch down on Friday, you don't see many students doing that these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As others have said - keep it.

We gave up the one for the eldest of our two, and I wish we hadn't.

This season so far, for example, he was still at home for the first 2 games, flew home for one in October, and will be home for FIVE games over the Christmas break. Last season he made 10 of 19 home league games, and he's at Uni in Ireland!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The upgrades + ticket exchange. And if you have to, then just scan the season ticket in for games so they don't show as 'no shows'

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Keep it if you can afford it, daughter gave hers up when she went a few years ago and I have ended up buying a whole load of tickets for her since to attend games when she is back.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Still quite a waiting list.

Do all you can to keep it.

tumblr_nq3tm66mpf1uxt7y6o1_500.gif

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have no idea but good luck with the trips up and down the motorway each term in a gear laden car with little visibility out of the rear window. These may be some of the best times you’ll have as they get out of their teens and become human beings!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I had 3 tickets , but now both sons at UNi, have reduced that to two, for financial reasons but allows them to come along when they are back - a lot more than you think!! - and allows me to take a mate or two during the season. Definitely don't let it go if you dont have too. They have to agree who is coming to what, but this Xmas, one gets Chelsea, the other Arsenal so all works ok..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here