Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Happy birthday White Album

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
For me this was by far the best of all the Beatles works - and astonishing to think that just 5 years earlier they had been 4 loveable head bobbing mop tops churning out simple (but brilliant) pop songs. Did ever a group evolve so completely? So, what’s your favourite track? I’m choosing Dear Prudence, Sexy Sadie, Happiness is a Warm Gun, and I Will. Oh, that’s four...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Helta-skelta is my favourite but, as you say, it is overall a brilliant album with few tracks that I don’t particularly like. Unlike some I am looking forward to hearing the remastered version and some of the Esher tapes, just to get a flavour of the development of some of the songs.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Warm Gun is probably my favourite Beatles song. Julia is up there as well.

But then it also includes Obladioblada and Piggies which are utter shite.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Show the world you are a fan with this White Album Anniversary T-Shirt

round-neck-white-t-shirt-500x500.jpg

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
What an album...
With thirty songs, not everyone is going to like them all (there are some duffers), as its such a diverse, eclectic mix of musical styles.
Remember, this is the follow up to Sgt Pepper.... The recent super deluxe box set has made me realise its probably my favourite album of all time. Definitely for my desert island. Every time I go back to it I usually re-discover another song I hadn't appreciated before.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bought my copy from NEMS in Liverpool the day before it was officially released - no.78. Sold it a couple of years later for about thirty bob, along with the rest of my LPs to buy myself a decent guitar.
Geez, I could've bought a bloody Martin (and not one of the 'cheap' Mexican ones either!) with it if I'd hung on to it until now!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Bought my copy from NEMS in Liverpool the day before it was officially released - no.78. Sold it a couple of years later for about thirty bob, along with the rest of my LPs to buy myself a decent guitar.
Geez, I could've bought a bloody Martin (and not one of the 'cheap' Mexican ones either!) with it if I'd hung on to it until now!

Wow! Mine’s number 56,000-ish. Might be worth £1.50.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here