Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Premier league X1 so far this season

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Clearly written by a Palace fan as there isn't a Palace player to be seen anywhere on the list. And they've been Doggy McDogshit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tongue in cheek article based on statistics rather than genuine performance.

That said, they clearly haven't looked at the statistic that shows our results when Stephens plays against the games when he doesn't.

As for Bong, he can be considered a weak link I suppose, and he is very mercurial.

Quite surprised not to see a single Cardiff player in there though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not even bothering to look at that shite. Bong has (I'm not even going to bother completing the sentence. For actual ****'s sake!).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The was a manager (Pardew was his name) who kept picking a greedy oaf forward over an elegant master owing to these cock eyed stats. The favoured nobber was always shooting (backpasses, that counted as shots on target) when an easy pass for a goal was on. The player given the rough end of the arrangement, benched, and eventually sold, was Bobby Zamora.

You can blow these stats (without proper analysis by people who have a brain) out your bottom.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Again, I can't be bothered to open and read this but Stephens must have a pass completion rate pretty high seeing as he's not always, ahem, the most ambitious of passers. Plus you wouldn;t have to spend too much time watching football to quickly see that any stats you thought you had to make Stephens the worst CM in the the Prem are bollocks and you should start again

Bongy, well i'd be surprised if he is the worst left back in the league. Not the greatest footballer we've ever had but a rock solid defender.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I won't bother defending Dale because the accusation is just so ridiculous, but I am totally fed up with negativity, even from our own fans, about Gaeten. When will people realise that Gaeten Bong is in our side because he does not let wingers past him?

So far this season, Bong is the top left back in the league for stats on not being beaten by his man: He has been dribbled past only twice in eleven games. He is also the joint best left back for most crosses blocked:

Check out the detailed defensive stats on https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019.

I feel safe watching Bongy playing at left back for us. Him coming into the side took us back to the days of Ward and Bridge and us having a left back who would stop crosses after a season of massive frustration watching Joe Bennett repeatedly fail to stop his man from getting the ball into the box. He doesn't have the attacking threat of Wayne Bridge, but what do you expect? He came to us on a free from a team relegated from the Championship. As has been pointed out already on here, he has a Mayo-like ability for seeing off players who were supposed to be an upgrade. He is representative of the grit and determination that has made this squad successful.

Now, if he could just start to develop the passing understanding with Jose Izquierdo that he seemed to have with Kazenga when they first started playing together...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Danny Ings is on that list.... Okay i havent watched much of him this season but he has 4 goals to his name does he not?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the article had named the Cardiff side 1 to 11 I don't think he'd have been far off.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I won't bother defending Dale because the accusation is just so ridiculous, but I am totally fed up with negativity, even from our own fans, about Gaeten. When will people realise that Gaeten Bong is in our side because he does not let wingers past him?

So far this season, Bong is the top left back in the league for stats on not being beaten by his man: He has been dribbled past only twice in eleven games. He is also the joint best left back for most crosses blocked:

Check out the detailed defensive stats on https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019.

I feel safe watching Bongy playing at left back for us. Him coming into the side took us back to the days of Ward and Bridge and us having a left back who would stop crosses after a season of massive frustration watching Joe Bennett repeatedly fail to stop his man from getting the ball into the box. He doesn't have the attacking threat of Wayne Bridge, but what do you expect? He came to us on a free from a team relegated from the Championship. As has been pointed out already on here, he has a Mayo-like ability for seeing off players who were supposed to be an upgrade. He is representative of the grit and determination that has made this squad successful.

Now, if he could just start to develop the passing understanding with Jose Izquierdo that he seemed to have with Kazenga when they first started playing together...

Ask yourself why this is though? What is the tactical implication of this? And what is the knock-on effect of those tactical implications?

Bong has his place. I totally agree with that. But he also has some very severe limitations that have quite vast knock-on effects on our team tactically. Wayne Bridge he most certainly is not and he is the most obvious area for improvement in CHs first choice team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I assume Cardiff players are not on that list because they are just meh players, so the fact they have 8 points is an achievement

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Ask yourself why this is though? What is the tactical implication of this? And what is the knock-on effect of those tactical implications?

Bong has his place. I totally agree with that. But he also has some very severe limitations that have quite vast knock-on effects on our team tactically. Wayne Bridge he most certainly is not and he is the most obvious area for improvement in CHs first choice team.

Amazing to think we had Bridge in the Championship (and Ward) and now we're bumbling along with Bong.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here