Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:clap:

[tweet]1065213370851344385[/tweet]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
:clap:

[tweet]1065213370851344385[/tweet]

A good contract lawyer could pull that to bits. Especially if the contract of an ''arms length party'' (football player in question) has his freedom of movement restricted, due to an agreement entered into by another two independent parties (Liverpool FC and Barcelona FC)

I think a Court might possibly deem the clause invalid.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A good contract lawyer could pull that to bits. Especially if the contract of an ''arms length party'' (football player in question) has his freedom of movement restricted, due to an agreement entered into by another two independent parties (Liverpool FC and Barcelona FC)

it means Barca have to deal with the clause to even consider any player at Liverpool, so steer them elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

it means Barca have to deal with the clause to even consider any player at Liverpool, so steer them elsewhere.

Exactly.

All a bit of a ballache that could easily vanish with say an extra £20m.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Pretty sure they copied the clause that Barbs put into the sale of Ashley Barnes to Burnley. It's why they were hoping Stephens would let his contract run down.

Doesn't make sense, as they still made a bid of 8m in 2016. I'm sure that they'd have been hoping Stephens would've been available on a Bosman regardless.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't make sense, as they still made a bid of 8m in 2016. I'm sure that they'd have been hoping Stephens would've been available on a Bosman regardless.

Woooooosh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In effect it’s a no-poaching clause....which are fairly routine in certain sectors. Why would this differ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In effect it’s a no-poaching clause....which are fairly routine in certain sectors. Why would this differ?

Poaching is ''Standard Practice'' within Football. That's what a Transfer essentially is. It is ''poaching'' - A Transfer fee is in effect payment / compensation for poaching a player.

The player themselves are at ''arms length'' to the two clubs who previously made the agreement. In my opinion, there would not be many judges who would bind a third party (the future player) to an agreement made by a separate two parties (the two clubs Liverpool and Barcelona)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here