Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] ‘Motorists really are very aggressive and selfish’ – 1973 documentary shows.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
FEELING safe and BEING safe are 2 entirely separate issues. I don’t feel safe on the London Eye but I am actually safe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Let's nip this in the bud :

> There are some selfish drivers
> There are some selfish cyclists

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let's nip this in the bud :

> There are some selfish drivers
> There are some selfish cyclists

Perhaps, but, er...Yep, close thread. Nothing left to see here folks!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The good old days when cyclists knew there place and were courteous enough to have bells on their bikes to warn pedestrians when they were going to run you down. Not a Lycra clad Hitler in sight, one even stopped at a red light!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Motorists don't go through red lights though. And cyclists are directly responsible for at least 5 road deaths a year.

What has that got to do with the Road Fund Licence? It is charged on emissions, with some cars and all bikes being exempt.

To answer your other point there were 1792 deaths due to motor accidents in 2016.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whilst delivering a package today in Newhaven, my wife witnessed a white van and Clio driver at odds, over the Clio driver undertaking on a residential road.
Was amusing stuff to watch, although aggression levels didn't exceed finger gesturing :lolol:

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Cyclists felling unsafe in roads in 1973! I was only 5 so not cycling or driving but surely there was so few cars on roads compared to today that surely it means drivers are the problem? :tonguefirmlyincheek:

I would love to have cycled back then, be like empty roads compared to now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cyclists felling unsafe in roads in 1973! I was only 5 so not cycling or driving but surely there was so few cars on roads compared to today that surely it means drivers are the problem? :tonguefirmlyincheek:

I would love to have cycled back then, be like empty roads compared to now.
It was more fun driving back then, too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here