Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cardiff have singed former Albion target Emiliano Sala.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We aren't really bothering this window are we. A few under 23s and fringe players out on loan, but nothing substantial.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
another 11 days before we move , if we are going to sign anybody but depending on the severity of his injury a loan to cover Bissouma and subsequently Gross would be my most likely signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who is our 3rd choice left back ? ???

With Suttner and George Cox out on loan, who else do we have ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Balogun can play fullback, and there's always the possibility of one of the under 23s or even Solly stepping in.
Balogun can play rightback for sure, but on the left I don't know...

Who is our leftback main man in the U23s now that Cox is at Northampton on loan ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A 25 man squad can never provide three in each position, so why are you asking the question?
I am asking because I am just unclear who would play left back if Bernardo and Bong were unavailable. In every other position we have a decent option, I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Balogun can play rightback for sure, but on the left I don't know...

Who is our leftback main man in the U23s now that Cox is at Northampton on loan ?

Looking at the team sheet for the Liverpool match it would appear the LB was Cochrane - don't know much - well, actually anything - about him though.

Edit: Although he is listed as a midfielder on the club's website. Were we playing three at the back against Liverpool?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
another 11 days before we move , if we are going to sign anybody but depending on the severity of his injury a loan to cover Bissouma and subsequently Gross would be my most likely signing.

Is Bissouma's injury worse that l thought then? Even if thats the case, and he isnt fit for couple of months or so, l think we will just make do with what we have. Kayal can come in of course, and Gross can sit deeper if needs be.

Incidentally, no, l wouldn't be tempted to promoto someone from the Development Squad.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Technically although somewhat unlikely Schelotto can play left back & right back if memory serves me correctly & played there many times at previous clubs

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Looking at the team sheet for the Liverpool match it would appear the LB was Cochrane - don't know much - well, actually anything - about him though.

Edit: Although he is listed as a midfielder on the club's website. Were we playing three at the back against Liverpool?

From what I've seen, including the Liverpool game, he's a left back who likes to get forward - a bit like Cox. Delivers a decent cross.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am asking because I am just unclear who would play left back if Bernardo and Bong were unavailable. In every other position we have a decent option, I think.

We won't at right back if Schelotto goes, but the broader point is that we only have 25 in our squad (plus youngsters). By your logic we'd need six CBs, for example, and we don't have them (and don't need them).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is Bissouma's injury worse that l thought then? Even if thats the case, and he isnt fit for couple of months or so, l think we will just make do with what we have. Kayal can come in of course, and Gross can sit deeper if needs be.

Incidentally, no, l wouldn't be tempted to promoto someone from the Development Squad.

i dont know how serious it is but IF it is reasonably long term ie a month or so we would need cover as we have no effective cover for Gross, Propper and Stephens only Kayal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here