NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
(deputy) Chairman Barber

[tweet]1064534408504516608[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting, wondering if he was in the running for a PL or FA job ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you suggesting he got Dunky's new contract extension?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Club statement says this is partly in recognition of the fact PB has turned down opportunities to join "bigger clubs".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is this also a movement based on Ashcroft coming in?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The story on the club website states “Paul has declined recent opportunities to pursue roles at bigger clubs, preferring instead to invest his energies and considerable football experience to help establish our club in the Premier League. The club’s board and I am delighted he has chosen this option.”

Sounds like this promotion is very much a hands off message to other clubs and the FA/PL. I reckon quite a few clubs would have been keeping tabs on him as we become more established.

We never used to worry about clubs poaching our players, now we've got stories linking most of our defence with Man Utd and we are taking steps to stop out CEO being head hunted, who would have thought that a few seasons ago.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Congratulations to Paul on a well deserved promotion.

More very good stuff from our club.

Impossible to look ahead more than a few years at a time but the Albion future seems pretty rosy to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Probably includes a nice end of season bonus too.

Good interview with Seagulls Down Under on iTunes podcast. Talks about his previous role at The FA. I guess it does ward off interest from the FA.
Fair play to Barber, he works ruddy hard for OUR club.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The story on the club website states “Paul has declined recent opportunities to pursue roles at bigger clubs, preferring instead to invest his energies and considerable football experience to help establish our club in the Premier League. The club’s board and I am delighted he has chosen this option.”

Sounds like this promotion is very much a hands off message to other clubs and the FA/PL. I reckon quite a few clubs would have been keeping tabs on him as we become more established.

We never used to worry about clubs poaching our players, now we've got stories linking most of our defence with Man Utd and we are taking steps to stop out CEO being head hunted, who would have thought that a few seasons ago.

Yes, who would ever have thought it. I still recall, from over 60 years of supporting the club, how amateurish it was and how we were subjected to more bad times than good, but this really is living the dream. Long may it continue!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wonder what activities the Deputy Chairman role carries that weren't previously being done by either the Chairman or the CEO. It's great that those things that haven't been getting done for the last 6 years will now be done. I mean, Tony strikes you as someone who's so hopelessly inefficient that he wouldn't notice that key activities that needed to be done werent getting done, isn't he? For 6 years, I mean.

It's just a way of giving PB a pay rise, isn't it? Not got a problem with that in the slightest - he's an extremely well regarded CEO. So - why not just give him a pay rise?

EDIT: unless Tony's giving some of his responsibilities to PB, of course. Perhaps TB wants to spend some more time on other activities...?

Deputy Barber.jpg

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here