Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone Else Worried About January?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No not the impending transfer window. I'm referring to Mat Ryan's departure to play for the Socceroos. It will be interesting to see how, (and indeed if), David Button or Jason Steele cope in his absence.

Personally I can't say l'm too confident.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
No not the impending transfer window. I'm referring to Mat Ryan's departure to play for the Socceroos. It will be interesting to see how, (and indeed if), David Button or Jason Steele cope in his absence.

According to "the tracker", they're all games we're destined to lose anyway. At least we'll have an excuse, could be a blessing in disguise

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think I’m more worried about December at the moment. Hopefully we will get enough points on the board to nullify any perceived loss of points when Ryan does his things for the Aussies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be surprised if I get through today.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, but mainly on flogging Locadia who I still think, given a run of games, will become a prolific goalscorer!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Whilst I think we'll be fine, had those marginal and possibly fortunate wins v Toon and Wolves gone the other way then these odds would be fantasy land.

Capture.JPG

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Australia have been drawn against footballing hotbeds Syria, Jordan and Palestine in the group stage. In the unlikely event they don't qualify from the group he could be back for the Man Utd game on the 19th January. In reality Australia are one of the favourites and them making the final means Maty wouldn't be available until the Burnley game on 9th Feb.

We need to pray for Australia being shit (unlikely).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am more worried about our performance in the transfer market, I would hate to see a repeat of our summer signings where we signed 11 players for around 40-50 million and none have been able to displace our mainly championship players

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Have you seen them play much then?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, but mainly on flogging Locadia who I still think, given a run of games, will become a prolific goalscorer!

Not at all. Maybe he will turn out to be shit, just as a lot of people are saying. It's just that he doesn't seem to be getting that chance that irks me!

Whoops . . . wrong thread.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No not really, largely going on the basis of what a lot of Fulham and Sunderland fans seem to think. I hope my fears are unfounded. Either way though l don't think either are up to the standard of Ryan.

So you are totally ignoring the fact that it has been proven that our goal keeping coaching set up improves our keepers. There are many Albion fans who said Ryan was/is a crap keeper so I wouldn't base too much reliance on those fans opinion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure about January, but March worries me.

I'll put my coat in the back of the taxi.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here