Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you rather have on the bench v Leicester?

Who would you rather have on the bench v Leicester?

• Jurgen Locadia

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • Aaron Connolly

Votes: 108 68.4%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Connolly by a mile. Good young English :) player wins every time for me.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Clearly Locadia hasn't performed and Connolly has (albeit at a lower level) but as we know strikers thrive on confidence. IF he does play I just hope it's in his natural position and not some BS false nine or on the wing type scenario. I want youngsters to play with gay abandon and to perform at their highest level not within themselves by playing to instruction. Come on CH make it so.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Connolly by a mile. Good young English :) player wins every time for me.

I assume the English part was tongue in cheek?

He speaks English, so we’ll count him as one of ours :lolol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Connolly should be given a chance to step up, who knows what an appearance in the last 20 mins would produce.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Such has been the form of Murray since Locadia arrived that he has never been given the game time he so clearly needs. A cameo here, a thankless game up front on his own away at City and the occasional out of position role in poor away team displays means that I don’t think we have seen what he is capable of.

Given the competition he now faces from Andone and possibly Connolly in trying to dislodge GM I am starting to doubt he’ll ever get a run so maybe he needs to move on to be able to advance his career.

As to the question I think I might be inclined to give Connolly that last place on the bench. A player in form, albeit at a lower level, probably offers more than a player whose confidence must be shot. Because every game is a cup final there is no room for experimentation or giving a striker time to settle in.

The fans are also unlikely to cut Locadia any slack given his lack of impact so far so the pressure on him may be too much, Connolly however is likely to have plenty of support given his under 23 performances.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Such has been the form of Murray since Locadia arrived that he has never been given the game time he so clearly needs. A cameo here, a thankless game up front on his own away at City and the occasional out of position role in poor away team displays means that I don’t think we have seen what he is capable of.

Given the competition he now faces from Andone and possibly Connolly in trying to dislodge GM I am starting to doubt he’ll ever get a run so maybe he needs to move on to be able to advance his career.

As to the question I think I might be inclined to give Connolly that last place on the bench. A player in form, albeit at a lower level, probably offers more than a player whose confidence must be shot. Because every game is a cup final there is no room for experimentation or giving a striker time to settle in.

The fans are also unlikely to cut Locadia any slack given his lack of impact so far so the pressure on him may be too much, Connolly however is likely to have plenty of support given his under 23 performances.

Maybe we could loan Locadia out to Luton, or similar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connolly travelled to Cardiff with the first team so cant be far off.

You ought to listen to this weeks episode of 'Quickly Kevin Will He Score'.

It's part one of their interview Gary Neville running through his apprenticeship through Utd's ranks.
The 'Class of 92' were travelling around with the first team (admittedly from a younger age) for quite a while before getting their 3 minutes of fame at the dog end of games.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A central midfielder from the U23s is what we’ll probably need on the bench rather than worrying about selecting the untried Connolly or the untested Locadia.

Normann maybe?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I’m not sure Chris will prefer him over Locadia purely down to lack of experience. I think a likely scenario would be a loan in January to a League 1/2 club and see if he can cut it.

I’d love him to be thrown into our match day squad but just can’t see Chris taking that step.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A central midfielder from the U23s is what we’ll probably need on the bench rather than worrying about selecting the untried Connolly or the untested Locadia.

Normann maybe?
Normann is U23 but not U21.

This means he has to be in the 25 man squad to play - which he isn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here