Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Recognition for Shane Duffy- Most underrated players in the PL

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Nomination for the October player of the month award (well, one of them – he made the PFA’s shortlist, but not the official Premier League-endorsed version) showed that Duffy’s sterling performances are being noticed. Since being named man of the match in the 3-2 win over Manchester United in August, the 6ft 3in centre-back has been vital to Brighton’s good form, scoring vital goals against United and Southampton and being responsible for more clearances (96) and more clearances off the line (two) than any other top-flight player. The five-year contract he signed last month was reward for his efforts. “We’re conscious of how well he’s done for us,” said Chris Hughton, “and it’s a good opportunity for this club to protect an asset.”

Dunk rightfully gets a lot of plaudits but I think most Brighton fans are well aware of the importance of Shane. It's good to see him get some national recognition.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/13/10-underrated-premier-league-players See the other 9 here.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I ****ing LOVE big Shane. The incomprehensible, tart shagging fool is a bloody LEGEND when it comes to playing football. Mostly with his head, legs, face and any other part of his body that he willingly puts on the line for the ALBION.

He's ****ing brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I ****ing LOVE big Shane. The incomprehensible, tart shagging fool is a bloody LEGEND when it comes to playing football. Mostly with his head, legs, face and any other part of his body that he willingly puts on the line for the ALBION.

He's ****ing brilliant.

Me too. Very well put.

The number of times he goes down seemingly poleaxed, only to get up almost straight away, give his head a shake and crack on is incredible. He’s made of granite.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
For balance and entertainment purposes, they should show that Everton goal where he got done, knew he'd been totally done and showed the turning circle of a vintage Stagecoach. Heartening, for any Sunday League players, to see that happen to a really good defender.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Definitely proven himself to be a 7 figure valued player.

Top 6 quality? Probably not. But would be an asset to most Premier League teams.

I’d hope so, considering he cost us 7 figures when we bought him.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....and showed the turning circle of a vintage Stagecoach.

That made me laugh out loud. :lolol:

I have to say I think the bloke is an absolute warrior. He'd wrestle a brown bear in his underpants to stop it scoring. In fact, I reckon he'd wrestle a brown bear naked whilst it was wearing HIS underpants.

That said, he likes to get naked. ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here