[Music] Albums of the year 2018

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely the best thing about Xmas?

First up it’s Rough Trade

https://roughtrade.com/gb/albums-of-the-year-2018

Good to see that Richard Russell album, Thee Oh Sees and Nils Frahm near the top end.

And a nice reminder I forgot to buy that Daniel Blumberg album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully someone better than me can find a version to paste here?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I do enjoy these lists but the cynic in me feels some of the choices are based on the additional sales a top ten album would make.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do enjoy these lists but the cynic in me feels some of the choices are based on the additional sales a top ten album would make.

Without doubt they are half marketing tool and half genuine favourites. The fact they come out mid November says as much. They’re still a good pointer for last year though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Without doubt they are half marketing tool and half genuine favourites. The fact they come out mid November says as much. They’re still a good pointer for last year though.

There is some really decent stuff in the rough trade listing. Good to see Pete Astor, The Go Team and Pigs Pigs Pigs there.. Suprised no BC Camplight which has to be one of the best releases 2018

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Am going for Johnny Marr's Call the comet. Or James's Living in extraordinary times. Was gonna go for Way Out West's Tuesday maybe but that's 2017.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NOW that's what I call music 127.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I came across a new band earlier this year, Dream State. Lyrically they're very good, instrumentally very strong as well. I'm a big fan.

[YT]j-HxW40mKDU[/YT]

[YT]m1Q2SfmSeUs[/YT]

Full album coming in 2019, for now they've released a 5 track LP (called Recovery) which is brilliant from start to finish. And they've just done a cover of Crawling by Linkin Park;

[yt]i8Aw7iVHIlU[/YT]

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
'World Atlas' - fhana

Possibly 'American Utopia' - David Byrne if I ever get to hear it all the way through.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Glad to see Khruangbin - Con Todo El Mundo in amongst it, blinking marvellous stuff, notable yeehahs for Olafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm, Mattiel, Lump, Sunflower Bean, Beach House and Anna Calvi.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love Interpol, but Marauder is not good. Shouldn't be in there.

Happy to see Maribou State and IDLES in there - two great albums.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Are we still allowed to like the Hookworms album?

Yeah I was going to ask this as well. It would surely be high up in most people’s lists. It’s an outstanding record. But do the accusations mean it should be ignored? I’m guessing shops/online publications will all blacklist it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here