Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bands/gigs you wish you’d seen live but didn’t...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Saw The Faces reunion in 2015 at Hurtwood Park, but would have loved to see them in their heyday.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The Faces is the band I would have nominated, I did see a gig by Ian Mclagan at the Prince Albert a year before he died.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw Queen at Wembley on the Live Magic tour. A very memorable gig. [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] saw them at Knebworth on the same tour...which turned out to be Freddie’s last show.

Bands I wish I’d seen, and was able to see, are The Clash and Daft Punk. Over 35 years of extensive gigging I have seen every other band I have ever wanted to witness.

PS I don’t do the wish-I’d-seen-Hendrix etc because I wasn’t alive. I don’t worry about things I clearly could never have done.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Frank Sinatra in his heyday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Queen with Freddie. That's it for me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nirvana. I was at Reading to see them, but it was dead rainy, like, and the most gushing of all were the tearducts of my cohort on the Sunday morning. Some of his clothes were stolen, so he asked for us to return home. Alright, we were 16, but I have never forgiven him for those unmanly wailings, and costing us the chance to see the mighty Cobain.
I'd have liked to have seen Elliott Smith when not on drugs too - me, not him. Pills and Elliott aren't a match, I feel. Well, afterwards, maybe, but not during.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Saw The Faces reunion in 2015 at Hurtwood Park, but would have loved to see them in their heyday.

Saw them in Brighton May 8, 1971 and again at Crystal Palace Bowl, London, ENG (Garden Party, supporting Pink Floyd, with Mountain & Quiver) May 16, 1971.

Great live band.

Big regret that I never saw the Jam or Queen live.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beatles
Small Faces
Velvet Underground (with John Cale)
Joe Jackson
.....maybe Stone the Crows.

Seen everybody else I'm bothered about.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Beatles, Faces and Hendrix (was offered tickets for IOW 1970 but didn’t take them up).
Pleased to have seen Petty and Queen in their prime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here