Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Stan, thanks for all the memories.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Damn. RIP Stan a true legend.
If there isn’t a sky line projection over the Metropolis of one of the heroes tonight I will be gutted. BB, PP come on ffs.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Loved his cameos.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Highest collective box office gross of any 'actor'

Good on him.

Made and makes a lot of people happy.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Very sad news. Remember loving Marvel comics when they debuted as dedicated British titles in the early 1970's. They were so vastly different from the typical comics I had grown up with.

His heros were flawed, and fallable but always there was hope for a better future. R. I. P Stan.
Excelsior!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Excelsior Stan - and thank you.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
One of my older brothers was in the merchant navy and brought these comic books over from the states before they were available in the UK for us to read.
He had read them so didn’t want them back after, I took them to school once we had all read them and sold them for decent coin.
Without Stan Lee my school life would have been almost chocolate biscuit free.
I like to watch all the superhero stuff whenever I can, struggling with Iron Fist though, my wife just frowns and just doesn’t get it.
RIP Mr Lee.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
RIP and thanks for enhancing my childhood. As said before why many fell in love with Marvels universe it was the flaws in the heroes and the humour.

Feels like it has gone from just me and my friends loving them that I knew to billions worldwide.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone who was familiar with DC Comics in the 1960s will remember what a revelation Marvel was. In contrast to the bland Superman, Batman, Flash etc, here were characters who argued with one another (Fantastic Four) and had difficult personal lives (Spider Man). Quite how much credit should go to Stan Lee as writer rather than artists such as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko has always been a subject of debate - often Stan gave them the germ of an idea and they came back with the whole story drawn out and he added the dialogue - but that dialogue alone was usually worth the price of the comic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here