Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sol Bamba

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
The first thing I thought of when I heard that Sol Bamba had denied taking his shirt off to the ref, was that his lie was incredibly disrespectful to Demarai Gray in light of his booking for taking his shirt off to reveal the Vichai tribute message. Obviously Atkinson is primarily at fault for creating such an incredulous situation, but I would have thought Bamba would have been a bit more sensitive to last week's events. Anyone else have the same reaction?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit too nuanced for me :shrug:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The first thing I thought of when I heard that Sol Bamba had denied taking his shirt off to the ref, was that his lie was incredibly disrespectful to Demarai Gray in light of his booking for taking his shirt off to reveal the Vichai tribute message. Obviously Atkinson is primarily at fault for creating such an incredulous situation, but I would have thought Bamba would have been a bit more sensitive to last week's events. Anyone else have the same reaction?

I doubt it even crossed his mind. He saw a way out of a booking and took it. Refs fault only.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

There’s more to life then worrying if an oppo player got yellow card for something that had no effect on the result!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
He probably thought he'd try his luck (cheeky thing) and was just as surprised as everyone that the ref was daft enough to believe him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm still FUMING that Bamba escaped a card*.

*not this yellow - that one is inconsequential - but the straight red he SHOULD have had for his blatant handball on the line, in the Leicester game. No fault of his, but he shouldn't even have been on the pitch on Saturday :down:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Why do they bother with "assistant " referees if they don't assist?
Missed an offside apparently and also failed to tell the ref about missing the booking.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Have a day off mate. There are so many things to be getting worried about in this day and age. Sol Bamba taking his shirt off aint one of them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We allowed Sol Bamba to look like a world class finisher.

That's the part I'm still fuming about.

The officials allowed it by not flagging him offside when he clearly was.

I think he should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute by blatantly lying and then laughing about it. Not carded but a fine to go to charity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here