Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Brazilian Grand Prix - if you haven’t watched, it’s worth it great race - spoiler alert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wow, what a great race.

Contentious point - I blame Verstappen for that coming together, arrogant to expect a car you’ve just lapped to stop racing. Shouldn’t have cut in on him, maybe next time he’ll show more respect. I realise the Stewards and Brundle didn’t agree, get the impression Hamilton did..

Verstappen has just walked off the podium after the presentation, he has some growing up to do - he’s going to turn out to be as big a **** as Vettel it seems.

Anyway, one of the best races of the season for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ocon can't be doing that...not an overlapped car

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

I’d say you need to make sure you are past completely before cutting in and he did cut in when he was only half past.

As Ocon says you ARE allowed to unlap yourself. Max apparently tried to start a fight with Ocon after the podium. Dick

Anyway throwing a strop and walking off the podium is pathetic imo

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Ocon can't be doing that...not an overlapped car

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Why not? He's allowed to unlap himself and was on fresher tyres and a different strategy to Max. Max is just such a spoilt brat that instead of just letting Ocon go past he decided to make a very aggressive shut the door move against another driver who was alongside him, he gave Ocon no room. Max may have all the talent in the world but needs to grow up a lot if he wants to beat Lewis in the next couple of years.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Verstappen has just walked off the podium after the presentation, he has some growing up to do - he’s going to turn out to be as big a **** as Vettel

Maybe a bigger one.

Look where he went!

[tweet]1061692213288189952[/tweet]

This is the sort of stuff PPF et al blow their beans over!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Enjoyed it, just 5 seconds was it between the top 4.

I wish the later physical scuffle of Max against Ocon was on film.

Strange weekend for Vettel, the argument and toys out of the pram on the weighbridge yesterday, grim today.

Edit: Sky Sports F1 just showed it. Funny.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great race - shame it wasn't just a few laps longer to see if Verstappen could have had a go at Hamilton, and the same with Ricciardo and Raikkonen.

Ocon massively to blame for me - he just shouldn't be in a position where he could come into contact with the race leader. Try to unlap yourself, by all means, but not like that. Real shame for Verstappen to be denied back-to-back wins for the first time in his career through that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great race - shame it wasn't just a few laps longer to see if Verstappen could have had a go at Hamilton, and the same with Ricciardo and Raikkonen.

Ocon massively to blame for me - he just shouldn't be in a position where he could come into contact with the race leader. Try to unlap yourself, by all means, but not like that. Real shame for Verstappen to be denied back-to-back wins for the first time in his career through that.

It was reported on BBC Sport that on lap 68 of the 71 LH was on his radio saying that he couldnt get any grip so was not turning correctly so full marks to him that he could hang on with Verstappen only 1.4 secs behind to win the race.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Ocon may under the ‘rules’ have been the driver to blame for the contact however he had nothing to lose - Verstappen on the other hand had a race win to lose, if he’d been professional and let Ocon go he would have won that race.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I’ve always really disliked Christian Horner without necessarily being entirely clear on why. Today reminded me. In his opinion Ocon “was lucky to get away with being shoved”. So he’s essentially advocating physical violence. Nice.

He's a whinging bell end and his drivers are never ever at fault no matter what they say or do. He was the same with Vettel and now Verstappen.

I find he has a touch of the smug Eddie Howe about him as well, my least favourite Team Principal in F1.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Verstappen is only 21, people need to remember this. Lewis would have acted exactly the same at that age.

Ocon was penalised by the stewards, he was in the wrong, Verstappen needs to become more track savvy - and he will, with experience.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Verstappen is only 21, people need to remember this. Lewis would have acted exactly the same at that age.

Ocon was penalised by the stewards, he was in the wrong, Verstappen needs to become more track savvy - and he will, with experience.

I think it's more his petulance outside of the car that puts most people off of him. Comes across as a spoilt brat who has never been told 'no'. I agree that Lewis' driving has matured greatly in the last few years but I don't remember him having a complete lack of humility like Verstappen has.

On a side note, massive generalisation I know however the Dutch fans at Spa in 2017 were the most arrogant bunch of cockwombles I've ever come across. Have to say I was delighted when Verstappen broke down a couple of laps into the race and it gave me great pleasure to see thousands of them leaving with only a quarter of the race gone. Being sore losers must be a national trait.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ocon may under the ‘rules’ have been the driver to blame for the contact however he had nothing to lose - Verstappen on the other hand had a race win to lose, if he’d been professional and let Ocon go he would have won that race.

Echoes of the Mexican GP where Hamilton ducked out of the fight with Verstappen rather than get involved with a potential clash. Verstappen clearly did not learn from Lewis that day. He has history with Ocon, maybe that was why he choose to cut him up and shut the door aggressively in the hope that Ocon would break, the tactic didn’t work!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Verstappen divides opinion but he is the best thing to happen to Formula 1 in the last 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here