Justified gripes or not?

• Justified gripes

Votes: 44 42.3%
  • Knee jerk bedwetting of epic proportions

Votes: 60 57.7%

• Total voters

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
NSC is always a scary place to come following a defeat, but is all the moaning justified? Or an over reaction? I shan't be voting myself, as I like to keep positive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We were ok until Stephens was (wrongly) sent off but we now have a set of games where we could really use him. And Gross. And Propper.

Our start isn't the issue. We're ok at the moment. The issue is what happens in the next few games with several key players missing. Leicester could batter us at home and this place will go in to meltdown if they do.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We were ok until Stephens was (wrongly) sent off but we now have a set of games where we could really use him. And Gross. And Propper.

Our start isn't the issue. We're ok at the moment. The issue is what happens in the next few games with several key players missing. Leicester could batter us at home and this place will go in to meltdown if they do.

Can you ask TB to donate some funds for an NSC flood barrier, similar to that what London has :cool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I know I've already replied but that was before the poll was up. The poll is ridiculous. It's like saying "I read this Jay Rayner article about this restaurant in Brighton being rubbish. What do you think of its Trip Advisor rating?"

I don't ****ing care about its Trip Advisor rating, I'll just make my own mind up thanks.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Not going to mince my words here, I would have really liked to have seen us get three points today. There aren't many games we can hope to do well in this season, so it definitely feels like three points dropped. That ridiculous save by their keeper in the second-half just about summed up our luck.

So yeah, I'd say the moans are justified, but I wouldn't want to call it out-and-out bedwetting. People can express disappointment without being labelled as incontinent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Knee jerk bedwetting of epic proportions? What bollocks!

We lost badly today, a match we should have at least drawn. For some time now, for some reason or another, the team has not been firing on all cylinders - I don't think anyone with half a brain can deny that. So, it gets discussed......by people without any incontinence problems. Those who love to scweam 'Bed-wetter' can just get over it.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Today was an anomaly because of the red card, but we have played poorly for several matches now and been fortunate to scrape results. Something is clearly amiss and needs resolving, and the persistence with tactics which clearly aren't working (e.g. March in the #10 role) is baffling.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why do we accept the away form is acceptable? It's not, it's a joke. What was that performance today? Was that any better than the various losing performances from this and last season? Why don't we show any ambition or game plan away from home? We accept defeat as inevitable and hope that we might make something happen, or that our opposition will be so bad that they can't take advantage of how disinterested we are.

We played with no purpose, no identity, no desire and no intensity today. And that was before the red card. Even with 10 men, we should have had enough to beat Cardiff (R) who are, let's be honest, absolutely pathetic. It's appalling that we've added losing to this season's joke club to last season when we managed to be the only team to lose to Alan Pardew's West Brom shambles. Pathetic.

Yes, we're 12th. Yes, we're well placed. But have we progressed? No. We're still uncompetitive in 50% of our fixtures and that's totally unacceptable. If Chris Hughton, a man we all respect and admire for the job he's done, can't progress this squad further than he already has then perhaps it's time to review the situation and start thinking about who is next. I'm not saying sack him and I don't think there's any chance of it happening. But it should be clear to him that we're not a club who wants to sit on its hands and merely plod along. We want to progress, develop and improve. If the end of the season comes around and we haven't made more of an effort in away games and shown more of a purpose to our play then I think it's time we look to bring in someone who can help us to progress.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone that uses the phrase ‘bed wetter ‘ needs their hard drive checking....

Perhaps Bozza could do something like he did with Mike Dean - fix it so that whenever the wretched word is entered it comes out as something else, preferably indicating the twatishness of the poster.

Any suggestions?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
NSC seems to dissapointingly take the view of the betting sites and the table as being gospel. We got three points at home to Man U but we didn't batter Cardiff. Yet United were clearly unprepared for Murray, who beasted them, whereas someone like Morrison will handle him all day long. Over the course of the season why does it matter that we get an unexpected 3 points against Man U and drop two or three against Cardiff? They net off. My sheets will start getting wet when we start losing against both. From Wimbledon to Bolton to Stoke there's a tradition of fairly average sides making do in this league and none of them survived by just cleaning up against the bottom three.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Perhaps Bozza could do something like he did with Mike Dean - fix it so that whenever the wretched word is entered it comes out as something else, preferably indicating the twatishness of the poster.

Any suggestions?
Maybe GT49er ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Massive overreaction, as always.

We're still 12th. We were very unlucky today.

The only people who were very unlucky today are those that travelled to Cardiff, paid money for tickets (and transport, sustinence etc) and had to endure a lacklustre display, devoid of any positive tactic, by a team whose only aim was not to lose, and who failed to achieve that.

The players weren’t unlucky, they all went home on a jet with a few more thousand in their bank accounts.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Today was an anomaly because of the red card, but we have played poorly for several matches now and been fortunate to scrape results. Something is clearly amiss and needs resolving, and the persistence with tactics which clearly aren't working (e.g. March in the #10 role) is baffling.

I'm not so sure today was an anomaly simply because of the red. Oftentimes teams step up and still cause problems when they go down to 10. Everyone knew straight away what we'd do, which is pretty disappointing when playing such a poor team. Think we're within our rights to have a few gripes with our performances this season - people pay a lot of money to watch us and we're registering a couple of shots on target a game. I really hope we turn it around soon, and it's certainly not all doom and gloom, but I'd quite like to see us play with the quality and confidence I know we can sometime soon!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here