Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why blame the ref for our ineptness?!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I can’t believe how many one eyed Brighton fans are blaming the referee for that when we’ve just been the second best team in the worst premier league game of football I’ve seen in 25 years of watching it.

Yes he gave some soft decisions but we were so naive, lunging in when we knew what he was going to do. And Stephens was a definite red card in todays game. More concerning was how poor we actually played the game before and after the red card.

We need to start looking closer to home, at our players and the manager. We have been shocking all season bar the United game. We’ve totaly forgotten how to pass be bloody football?!

Massive few weeks for Hughton. I’ve got every faith he will sort it but he does need to make some changes, fast.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deffo.

They were shithouse and we dropped down to their level.
9 players should have won today, even if the ref was Charlie Church with Max Boyce and Shirley Bassey running the line.

Last edited:

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
True, yes the ref was very poor and defiantly made things harder for us but the performance was still crap. I’m with you in that I believe Hughton can turn this around, hopefully with 3 points and a more positive performance against Leicester in 2 weeks.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We could do with bringing back our 2 best passers of the ball and hopefully our ball retention will improve thus allowing us to make better use of our chances and create more of them

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Well no, but he certainly didn't help, not allowing us to build any momentum by giving Cardiff a lot of questionable decisions throughout the game. Some of the decisions gave them good opportunities or took away our opportunities. It's not like Cardiff actually looked any good themselves.

We were pretty rubbish today - but so was the ref.

That was both one of the worst oppositions I've seen us play since our promotion, and one of the worst refereeing performances too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just seen the winning goal again. Duffy, Dunk, Bong throwing themselves in the way. Montoya trying to get back. Kayal pretending to be injured and hoping for a free kick. Bissouma, Knockaert, Izquierdo on their heels watching. Poor.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The 2 are mutually exclusive both the Ref AND the team can be incompetent and today proved this theory/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were not great, but it is hard to win a game that the officials have, CLEARLY, been told to make the bottom of the premier league more interesting so that they can continue to sell the "product" for big bucks.

#ClearlyHasn'tHappened.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We were not great, but it is hard to win a game that the officials have, CLEARLY, been told to make the bottom of the premier league more interesting so that they can continue to sell the "product" for big bucks.

seems that way .....he was turd , foul count 7-21 against us .....terrible , terrible refereeing.....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We do this every time we loooose or play crap.
Threads on whether the ref or the opposition players are to blame.
Chris Hughton sends the team out with simple instructions, when these are not done by the players, it's Chris Hughton who takes the flack.
He's the man to sort this problem out, so I have faith he'll do it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Chris Hughton sends the team out with simple instructions, when these are not done by the players, it's Chris Hughton who takes the flack.

Tbh I start a ref thread when we play at home win lose or draw

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

This time though, NSC are right. Martin Atkinson was awful. I’m seeing so many neutrals agree on various social media platforms.

Brighton did not play well, but neither did Cardiff. This isn’t a case of being outplayed by an inferior team, despite the result.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I thought we looked the better team first 20 minutes, then they got a lucky goal and then the red card swung the game in their favour. Add to that the 21 fouls given and the offside goal and it is understandable that people should feel let down by the officials, then not booking a player for taking off his shirt? I'm sorry how exactly can you "miss" that. We have every right to feel aggrieved as the officials effectively gifted Cardiff three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here