Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Scott

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh. That sounds like individual mods are able to lift the restriction to certain posters.

If a mod banned me for not liking them, they quite simply should not be a mod, or PAR (Post Asst Referee), which would be a fault on this whole NSC site. Guinness Boy is, to me, and I mean me, a complete and utter ahole. He has no right to comment on my posts since he took the piss out of mental health and I will forever hold him accountable for that, he never even apologised. The bloke is an arse and should not be a mod.

Other than that, I like threads like these, they're fun, they bring out the best/worse in people and it's interesting to see who is where and with what. Sadly I will forget, hence I never dislike people on here except GB and the other tosser that questions people health, HWT.

It's a fun place to come and read and post.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I really dislike you with an absolute passion. You're a horrible 'little' man that I want nothing to do with. My posts are there to be seen and I have not once contradicted myself and my grasp of the English language is fine, you pathetic patronising tosser. Now, do me a favour and stop posting to me, I really don't want to have your filth around me.

:facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hmmmm..... OK.

As long as it's not in the biblical sense..................... :thumbsup:

Alex Scott can be my mate to if she's ever in need of a grey 54 year old with a pot belly and no money... nah ain't gonna happen!

Blimey what a thread. And we won this weekend! :)

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
I understand what you are trying to claim: that pundits of premier league football should only be those who have direct experience playing in (or maybe managing). The problem is, that doesn't hold up to much scrutiny for several reasons.

Firstly, you don't need to be an ex-pro to be a good pundit: what matters is knowledge of the game and ability to provide good analysis. Do you genuinely listen to punditry and decide whether it's good or not based on who is saying it? Obviously not, if she is a better pundit than half of the lazy blokes who can't be bothered to do research I'd rather she was doing the punditry than them. I assume you never listen to Johnny Cantor's commentary? You'll be shocked to hear that he's not an ex-pro: presumably you don't turn off Radio Sussex in disgust when he's on.

Secondly even if you do claim that you need to be an ex-pro to be a pundit, the idea that men's and women's sport are two completely separate entities is rubbish. Do you get as annoyed if Tim Henman is commentating on the women's tennis at Wimbledon? Men's and women's football is fundamentally the same game and experience of what it takes to play at a high level is transferable from men's to women's football.

Thirdly if having direct experience is so important do you get as annoyed when Savage is commentating on the Champions League, or if Alan Shearer is a pundit for the World Cup final? It's the same: they haven't experienced it, so don't have the requisite background to be a good pundit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Firstly, you don't need to be an ex-pro to be a good pundit: what matters is knowledge of the game and ability to provide good analysis. Do you genuinely listen to punditry and decide whether it's good or not based on who is saying it? Obviously not, if she is a better pundit than half of the lazy blokes who can't be bothered to do research I'd rather she was doing the punditry than them. I assume you never listen to Johnny Cantor's commentary? You'll be shocked to hear that he's not an ex-pro: presumably you don't turn off Radio Sussex in disgust when he's on.

You make the huge mistake of thinking for someone else. Usually I would stop reading right there.

Secondly even if you do claim that you need to be an ex-pro to be a pundit, the idea that men's and women's sport are two completely separate entities is rubbish. Do you get as annoyed if Tim Henman is commentating on the women's tennis at Wimbledon? Men's and women's football is fundamentally the same game and experience of what it takes to play at a high level is transferable from men's to women's football.

I never watch women's tennis, except when I went to Wimbledon and had no choice, but no commentators or pundits. I would be irritated if I were to watch women's tennis and listening to Henman though, yes.

Thirdly if having direct experience is so important do you get as annoyed when Savage is commentating on the Champions League, or if Alan Shearer is a pundit for the World Cup final? It's the same: they haven't experienced it, so don't have the requisite background to be a good pundit.

That's slightly extreme with a WC final, and you are trying very hard to win a nonsensical point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here