Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If you speak the truth, then what happens is good. Regardless of what happens.

0 Not allowed!
    That is all.
    - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds to me like someone who won't take responsibility for the outcome of their decisions. Are you sure you are on the right thread

1 Not allowed!
      No matter who it may destroy?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sounds to me like someone who won't take responsibility for the outcome of their decisions. Are you sure you are on the right website
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

3 Not allowed!
      I’ve just told my young grandchildren Father Christmas is fake. Didn’t go down too well
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

3 Not allowed!
      You've clearly never told your better half that yes, her backside does look big in that dress
      I look nothing like him! Jack Straw's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      "Always tell the truth, then nothing will happen to you." A mantra my mum and dad drilled in to me from since I can remember. Translated, this meant that if I didn't lie, regardless, I wouldn't get a good hiding.
      When I was about eight years' old, I had a friend who lived across the road who had a really bad stutter. My dad once said that my friend wouldn't be very good at selling hot pies, as by the time he'd shouted "H,H,H, Ho, Ho, Hot pies.", they'd all be cold!
      I had a fall-out with my friend, and as he went sulking off towards his house, my parting shot was to shout at him "My dad said you wouldn't be any good at selling hot pies because by the time you've shouted "H,H,H, Ho, Ho, Hot pies.", they'd all be cold!
      Within minutes, there was a knock on our door. It was my friend's parents. They wanted to speak to my dad. They asked him if it was true that he'd said that their son wouldn't be any good at selling hot pies. My dad somehow managed to lie his way out of this accusation by making up some story about someone else on the telly saying something similar. They reluctantly accepted his explanation.
      My dad then closed the door and went absolutely mental on me!!

0 Not allowed!
      Truth is only a matter of viewpoint.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      "Always tell the truth, then nothing will happen to you." A mantra my mum and dad drilled in to me from since I can remember. Translated, this meant that if I didn't lie, regardless, I wouldn't get a good hiding.
      When I was about eight years' old, I had a friend who lived across the road who had a really bad stutter. My dad once said that my friend wouldn't be very good at selling hot pies, as by the time he'd shouted "H,H,H, Ho, Ho, Hot pies.", they'd all be cold!
      I had a fall-out with my friend, and as he went sulking off towards his house, my parting shot was to shout at him "My dad said you wouldn't be any good at selling hot pies because by the time you've shouted "H,H,H, Ho, Ho, Hot pies.", they'd all be cold!
      Within minutes, there was a knock on our door. It was my friend's parents. They wanted to speak to my dad. They asked him if it was true that he'd said that their son wouldn't be any good at selling hot pies. My dad somehow managed to lie his way out of this accusation by making up some story about someone else on the telly saying something similar. They reluctantly accepted his explanation.
      My dad then closed the door and went absolutely mental on me!!
      Did you buy one of his pies though Jack ?
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      If you have ever spent any time living on the earth and interacting with other human beings you'd soon realise that telling lies is absolutely essential from time to time. That of course includes lying by omission. The main thing that I would say 'that's all' to is this. Very few issues are black and white.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk