Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Customer Service

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How is yours.

Whilst Amazon are taking over the planet, killing the High Street and not paying enough tax their customer services are remarkable.

I have one of their hubs near me and often do a food delivery. I get a 1 hour option. Basically a mix of Morrisons (£) and Whole Foods Market (£££).

I had a day doing DIY and didn't want to leave the house. Did a one hour delivery with Amazon and a later one with "Morrisons From Amazon"

This is what you get when a hub is down the road.

Cut a long story short they buggered up the first one with the food (didn't turn up) and had to stay in to wait for the next one to arrive. Meant going to the shops very late for DINNER.

Quick complaint to Amazon and they refunded the second (which did turn up) as an apology and gave me a £20 voucher.

I've had a number of experiences like that with them.

I do spend quite a lot with them (mostly food deliveries) and deliver stuff down to my mum in Sussex but having spent the last hours on the phone to Vodafone for an erroneous charge, other companies have a lot to learn.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I find it is either very good or very bad, there seems to be no middle ground, and far too many bad examples where a process gets in the way of common sense.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Amazon and affiliated companies (Audible in particular) provide the best customer services around. Every time I call them I secretly expect a battle but the bend over backwards, never quibble, never make you feel like you have done anything wrong. I simply can’t fault them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We use Sainsbury's for food deliveries, booking a time that's outside the normal madness, only being charged 50p for delivery.

Have never had any issues with Amazon, Prime or other!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
American customer service levels are still new to us. We'll take it for granted in 10 years, like they do.

If you want to see the future of retail in the UK, always look at the USA. It's been the same since the 1950's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here