Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mr Universe

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just looking at ‘Pumping Iron ‘ the fantastic body building docu about Arnies great successes back in the day and was amazed that every winner of the Mr Universe contest from 1948 had gone to a contestant from ‘EARTH’

Seems a coincidence that no one from any other part of the Universe has got the nod. Tactical voting may be ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just looking at ‘Pumping Iron ‘ the fantastic body building docu about Arnies great successes back in the day and was amazed that every winner of the Mr Universe contest from 1948 had gone to a contestant from ‘EARTH’

Seems a coincidence that no one from any other part of the Universe has got the nod. Tactical voting may be ?

The invites for the competition are still on their way out, I believe they are about halfway through the Oort Cloud.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The invites for the competition are still on their way out, I believe they are about halfway through the Oort Cloud.

Ever since The Royal Mail was privatised Veg.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I don't think that a Martian has won the Miss Universe title.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ever since The Royal Mail was privatised Veg.

Some nights when I look to the sky I'm sure I can see a large northerner on a bike, sweating profusely despite the cold of deep space, swearing about having to do the Alpha Centauri round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Are you suggesting the Russian's are fixing that vote as well?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I belevie it was called The World Series originally because it was sponsored by a newspaper called The World and the name stuck, or something like that.

No it was a challenge called out by Barney Dreyfus to Boston by his club Pittsburg calling for a world challenge between the divisions. ( I had to read that up Mike )

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some nights when I look to the sky I'm sure I can see a large northerner on a bike, sweating profusely despite the cold of deep space, swearing about having to do the Alpha Centauri round.

LSD is better than drink sometimes Veg..... I agree.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I belevie it was called The World Series originally because it was sponsored by a newspaper called The World and the name stuck, or something like that.

Baseball's championship competition is known as the "World Series" because it was originally sponsored by the New York World newspaper.
The modern World Series began in 1903, when the National League’s pennant-winning Pittsburgh Pirates agreed to a best-of-nine playoff series against Boston, champions of the upstart American League (which had made the jump from minor league to major league just two years earlier).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Baseball's championship competition is known as the "World Series" because it was originally sponsored by the New York World newspaper.
The modern World Series began in 1903, when the National League’s pennant-winning Pittsburgh Pirates agreed to a best-of-nine playoff series against Boston, champions of the upstart American League (which had made the jump from minor league to major league just two years earlier).

Not true I’m afraid GM. I had it all explained to me a couple of years back in NY by some real enthusiasts.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/world-series/

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Browsing Netflix I stumbled across a documentary, Ronnie Coleman - The King. I have never had an interest in body building ( once I dicovered beer and kebabs as a youngster my body was doomed ) but this film caught my eye. A very interesting look back at the 8 times My Olympia and what he had to go through to get there and life after competing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here