Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cardiff by Car - any clues?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Driving with car load of kids tomorrow. Setting off at silly o’clock. Too busy to give any prior thoughts to route and parking until now. Gonna check the World Wide Web now. Any NSC advice most welcome. Even which M4 service station to get a Sausage McMuffin. Up the Albion

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Driving too. Bit nearer for me, so not setting off until 7am...

Aiming to park in centre of the city (Mrs is coming along to go shopping) and walk out the 15 minutes to the ground.

Remember your £6.70 in cash for the Severn Bridge crossing. Bit unlucky with the timing for this - the tolls are scrapped altogether from next month...

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Cardstiff will be very busy, rugby on later. I’m parking up at Taffs Well, J32 off the M4, and one mile up the A470. Park at Taffs Well station, trains every 20 minutes, 15 minute journey to ninian Park station, 5 minutes more to Cardiff Central. £5 return. Avoids the last bit of traffic, and hassle parkingvthe car.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cardstiff will be very busy, rugby on later. I’m parking up at Taffs Well, J32 off the M4, and one mile up the A470. Park at Taffs Well station, trains every 20 minutes, 15 minute journey to ninian Park station, 5 minutes more to Cardiff Central. £5 return. Avoids the last bit of traffic, and hassle parkingvthe car.

Sounds a good option if you're on your own. 3 in my car - No way I'm paying £15 (in train fares) to park the car.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When I drove to Cardiff (2011, I believe - we won 3-1) there was a car park solely for away supporters right outside the away end, by the turnstyles. Easy to get in, easy to get away afterwards.

kjgood

There is most definately an away supporters car park at the eastern end of the ground but its not well signposted. From the link road from the M4 at Cardiff West Junction 33 and dont take the earlier turnings for Cardiff (The concrete road) come off at the Cardiff City turning and take the first left off the intersection onto Leckwith Road. Through two sets of traffic lights and sort of past the stadium you will see a park on the right hand side.

At the next lights turn right onto Sloper Road, the stadium will be on your right, drive past an arch entrance to the stadium and just before the burger van on the right, turn right up a lane (Clos Parc Morgannwg), there will be stewards there checking you are away fans. if you see a bus station on your left you have gone to far. I think its still £5 to park but dont quote me on it. Hope that helps.

When I drove to Cardiff (2011, I believe - we won 3-1) there was a car park solely for away supporters right outside the away end, by the turnstyles. Easy to get in, easy to get away afterwards.

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think feeding your kids.mcdonalds is borderline child abuse - give them something less processed and nutritious !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Driving with car load of kids tomorrow. Setting off at silly o’clock. Too busy to give any prior thoughts to route and parking until now. Gonna check the World Wide Web now. Any NSC advice most welcome. Even which M4 service station to get a Sausage McMuffin. Up the Albion

I think feeding your kids.mcdonalds is borderline child abuse - give them something less processed and nutritious !

Where does he say the kids are getting any...?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Last line. Maybe I'm being a tad harsh but there's so many healthier choices for kids - really no excuse. Usually McDonald's rubbish is washed down with 7 teaspoons of sugar in a bottle of coke. Really terrible for kids health- sorry just saying

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Last line. Maybe I'm being a tad harsh but there's so many healthier choices for kids - really no excuse. Usually McDonald's rubbish is washed down with 7 teaspoons of sugar in a bottle of coke. Really terrible for kids health- sorry just saying

Thanks for your lesson in parenting skills....Where have you been all my life?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sorry maybe that came across a bit rude - didn't mean to. Just have strong views on healthy food options especially for kids

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry maybe that came across a bit rude - didn't mean to. Just have strong views on healthy food options especially for kids

We have very strong views on feeding the kids healthy food, the one exception being a day out at a sporting event. My lads swim, run, play football and cricket as well as hockey and any other sport they get an invite too, they play PlayStation in moderation and eat very healthily; the guilty pleasure for all of this is a pie at The Amex or a KFC at an away game.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We have very strong views on feeding the kids healthy food, the one exception being a day out at a sporting event. My lads swim, run, play football and cricket as well as hockey and any other sport they get an invite too, they play PlayStation in moderation and eat very healthily; the guilty pleasure for all of this is a pie at The Amex or a KFC at an away game.

Point taken, I keep quiet

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Couple of do's and dont's if driving by car. I have driven it every time we've played them.
DO NOT try and get through the town centre, it's always clogged up. Stay on the M4 and exit at junction 33. Ignore sat nav to leave earlier. NOTE Sat Nav may take you off the M4 at a junction prior to the tunnel, ignore it and stay on the M4 all the way. Another hint. If the traffic is bad many junctions on the M4 around Newport can be used as short cuts (up and over and down the other side).
DO park at the ground, it's expensive but so much easier. Down side is getting out which can be a pain but at least you are in your car.
Services on M4. Whichever one you choose on your return will be full of Albion fans and service will be slow. Try and get ahead of the coaches on the M4 before stopping.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I love the Mcdonalds advice from people. He is taking his kids to football for the day, it won't do any harm to have a Mcdonalds now and again. Good grief. This country.

Back on the advice to get to Cardiff, don't forget there are major road works on the M27 which I'm told are a pain. Not sure where you are coming from but may be worth avoiding those both ways.

Parking - do not park in the retail park across the road, it is heavily monitored and you will probably get fined.

We parked in a commercial bit about 15 minutes away last time. £5 or something. Got away quickly as a result of not being too close to the ground.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here